New "Top Notch" interiors?

Saw GM is admitting they should have done a better job on the interiors of the new truck, and will soon be introducing top notch materials.

You would think trucks that get into the 70k range would already have top notch materials.

I have held off on a 2019 as I wanted to give them a year of production and was strongly considering a 2020 sierra 1500 slt.

Are the 2020's getting a refresh? I would have thought the 2021's.

2020s are the same. 2021 is the likely timeframe. Attached are 12 pages of bickering over it. I suspect it will be the interior that they have been designing for the new SUVs and maybe it was the plan all along.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I get it. An LTZ or especially a High Country at $70k+ should have top notch material 

But, I got an LT Z71 for $38,750 and, to me it's just jim dandy good enough. 

Really, very darn nice for under $40k

But, flip the coin and on a $70 truck, you have a great argument. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

I agree, I don't want to be charged extra for leather and faux wood accents when fabric and plastic trim do the job for my truck. How many of those 70k trucks are sold compared to the lower trims? Having choices is great, but don't neglect the budget shoppers either.

• Like 2

I love my 2019 truck and the interior is the nicest truck I have had. If it ain’t good enough for you buy a damn car. I am so tired of reading about the “crappy GM Interior”.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Snuff said:

I love my 2019 truck and the interior is the nicest truck I have had. If it ain’t good enough for you buy a damn car. I am so tired of reading about the “crappy GM Interior”.

Lol, .....tell us how ya really feel!  :)

I agree though. 

Just found out they did retune the suspensions for the 2020 models, doesn't improve the interior, but the ride is supposed to be significantly improved. 

The interior changes aren't until 2021 my and no one knows what they will be, although I suspect, like others have said it will be very similar to the new tahoe/yukon interiors, which no one has seen yet. 

Im holding off on a new truck because of the interior. Mt 2500 dmax denali 2015 and the interior is same or better than 2020.   Why?  Yeah im a snob, i work freaking hard for what i buy and when i buy high end i want high end, and ill pay, but jeez, a mercedes or caddy cant haul what i need it to do.    Remember "Dmax"  well it wont fit in a cts or whatever is a nice caddy.    Lol.  Im patient and i love what i have even with the little issues after 55k.  No gripes there,  just when you do a new truck design, doi it all or dont do it at all.. i trust they will get it right,   2022 prob for hd trucks, at least the "new model" problems should be fixed by then.    If not.  Gm dont get my money easy as that.. 

Rant over

• Like 3

I’m fine with the interior. My 2014 RAM Sport was just as nice interior wise and had a few more bells and whistles, but I really like my AT4. However, I loved the knob shifter and most RAM guys hate it.

I got my first compliment on it today too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, MacLaren said:

I get it. An LTZ or especially a High Country at $70k+ should have top notch material 

But, flip the coin and on a $70 truck, you have a great argument. 

curious what model year LT Z71 for $38,750, was it 2019?  Is that pre-sales tax, title, registration or OTD?

6 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

2019 that's before sales tax of course 

I got 11k off the sticker. 

That's really good!  What was the dealership name? I'm enjoying my 2019 Trail Boss Custom, but we'll see in 2 years, I'm reading the 2021 is going to have an interior re-fresh, might be time for an LT then.  Not having radio controls on my steering wheel is bothering me alot.  That said, my price paid for a '19 Trail Boss, w 5.3L V8 and Off-Road Appearance Package was $34,000 plus another $3500 in sales tax, freight, dealer processing, TTL)  "OTD" was $37,496. 

9 minutes ago, BobbyAlton said:

That's really good!  What was the dealership name? I'm enjoying my 2019 Trail Boss Custom, but we'll see in 2 years, I'm reading the 2021 is going to have an interior re-fresh, might be time for an LT then.  Not having radio controls on my steering wheel is bothering me alot.  That said, my price paid for a '19 Trail Boss, w 5.3L V8 and Off-Road Appearance Package was $34,000 plus another $3500 in sales tax, freight, dealer processing, TTL)  "OTD" was $37,496. 

You did well!

I bought mine from Wild Bill Gatton, in Bristol, Tennessee. 

I must say, the LT package is just perfect for me. The ONLY thing I wish it had was SiriusXM. But, I stream it,  so it's really a moot point. Good luck going forward  :)

Edited by MacLaren

4 hours ago, aseibel said:

I agree, I don't want to be charged extra for leather and faux wood accents when fabric and plastic trim do the job for my truck. How many of those 70k trucks are sold compared to the lower trims? Having choices is great, but don't neglect the budget shoppers either.

I'm willing to bet the 70K trucks move off the lot just as quickly as the 35K trucks. My salesman told me back in '16 that he pretty much only sold LTZ Tahoe's and Burbs and I see a ton of Premier and Denali trim SUV's in my daily commute. I can't justify what I spent on my truck, let alone an additional 17 or 18K. But sadly, if we keep buying them, they will continue making them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikedfw said:

Just found out they did retune the suspensions for the 2020 models, doesn't improve the interior, but the ride is supposed to be significantly improved. 

damn really?  I wonder what was changed and if i can retroit on my 2019.  

• Like 1