Free Brake pads on GM

Just read the bulletin 19-NA-191 about the brake pad life calculating too quickly. It says to update software AND replace the brake pads if over 6,250 miles in the vehicle!!!

Since this should affect pretty much every 19 built, those early adoters with 10k or 20k miles should print that bulletin out and show it to the advisor for your free brake pads all the way around.2a46feeb9cddc1c6119eba881133aaf4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Thanks for posting this. Where do I go to find the full print out? I did a quick search and looks like I have to pay for a subscription.
Go to nhtsa.gov and search by your vin, then go to manufacturer communications. You should find it in there with a link to the pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A big So What? Nothing is wrong with the pads themselves, just the operating software.

Never use that engine killing DIC for determining when to change oil, much less when to change brake pads or air filter. That's what eyes are for not some mindless algorithm,change oil/  filter every 3-4K miles, brake pads when the thickness of the lining is close to the thickness of the backing plate and air filter every 10K whether it needs it or not.

And with current rev. everything in the system including the Nav is working properly so no one will be screwing adding an update for anything short of giving the Silvy the capability to fly like an airplane

2 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Go to nhtsa.gov and search by your vin, then go to manufacturer communications. You should find it in there with a link to the pdf

All I can find there is Recalls, I can't seem to find TSBs.  What am I missing?