Pics of running boards or Nerf Bars

When bought the truck these factory ones  were ordered for it but not installed as they hadn’t  shown up yet. I wasn’t going to install them but with previous knee surgeries it’s just too tough for me to hop in to my truck without. They are very good for grip and actually a nicer look then  I thought they would be....however they are a pita to keep clean. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put the black Westin ProTraxx4 nerf bars on my Sierra 1500 last week......they are just way too low and I won’t be able to live with them.  Now I’m trying to choose between Rough Country HD2 and GoRhino RB20.....any advice on either?  I’m in New England so durability is important to me.  Thx for any help......and lemme know if anyone wants to buy my Westin nerf bars!

6 hours ago, SigPig94 said:

I put the black Westin ProTraxx4 nerf bars on my Sierra 1500 last week......they are just way too low and I won’t be able to live with them.  Now I’m trying to choose between Rough Country HD2 and GoRhino RB20.....any advice on either?  I’m in New England so durability is important to me.  Thx for any help......and lemme know if anyone wants to buy my Westin nerf bars!

I have the RC HD2 they mount level with the pinchweld on the bottom, they have plenty of grip and are simple to install.

7 hours ago, puppykat33 said:

I have the RC HD2 they mount level with the pinchweld on the bottom, they have plenty of grip and are simple to install.

Thx amigo.....I’m definitely considering those......and I added the GoRhino D6 Dominator to my list as well.....just not sure if they “stick out” too much (if I look from behind the truck, is the 6” inch width highly visible?)....I’m gonna look at more pics of everything.  It looks like my current Westin ProTraxx 4s give me a narrow look but it’s because they sit so low.....too low for my liking.

1 minute ago, SigPig94 said:

Thx amigo.....I’m definitely considering those......and I added the GoRhino D6 Dominator to my list as well.....just not sure if they “stick out” too much (if I look from behind the truck, is the 6” inch width highly visible?)....I’m gonna look at more pics of everything.  It looks like my current Westin ProTraxx 4s give me a narrow look but it’s because they sit so low.....too low for my liking.

NP Buddy

The RC HD are adjustable meaning you can slide them in to touch the pinch-weld or pull them out pretty far if you need more step

16 hours ago, SigPig94 said:

You may want to avoid steel steps or boards living in New England. Otherwise, you’ll be dealing with rust issues. I live in the rust belt so I went with DeeZee NXT boards since they’re aluminum. I’ve had them for 4 yrs and they’ve held up great other than some of the coating pealing off on the bottom side and the mounting brackets rusting. They have a similar look to the RB10/RB20 boards but without the cutout slots that would allow snow and slush to get thrown up through from underneath. I recently sectioned the brackets to raise the boards up closer to the rockers. 

AF64917D-EC74-46AE-AE69-2DC0DD9B03EB.jpeg

1 hour ago, HoosierZ said:

You may want to avoid steel steps or boards living in New England. Otherwise, you’ll be dealing with rust issues. I live in the rust belt so I went with DeeZee NXT boards since they’re aluminum. I’ve had them for 4 yrs and they’ve held up great other than some of the coating pealing off on the bottom side and the mounting brackets rusting. They have a similar look to the RB10/RB20 boards but without the cutout slots that would allow snow and slush to get thrown up through from underneath. I recently sectioned the brackets to raise the boards up closer to the rockers. 

AF64917D-EC74-46AE-AE69-2DC0DD9B03EB.jpeg

Thanks HoosierZ.....great looking truck....that blue is beautiful.  I’m definitely kicking around aluminum options as well....winters here are brutal with the amount of salt they throw around.

30 minutes ago, 2020SilveradoCC said:

I might be in the minority, but I love the stock running boards. They have a great weight to them.

No I’m with you I think they have a clean look to them. I wish I would’ve ordered them with my truck but then again I’m glad I didn’t because that would’ve held up the delivery of my Silverado RST CC. 

I keep looking for a take offset.  I’m not paying $850 from the Stealer ship.....

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ram1067 said:

No I’m with you I think they have a clean look to them. I wish I would’ve ordered them with my truck but then again I’m glad I didn’t because that would’ve held up the delivery of my Silverado RST CC. 

I keep looking for a take offset.  I’m not paying $850 from the Stealer ship.....

I found some in my area for 300-400 - take offs

Edited by 2020SilveradoCC

I installed the APS H Series Running Boards.  Were some of the less expensive boards I found online at $230 from AutoAnything.  I like that there is no visible gap between the truck and running board.  They sit approx half inch from the body of the truck at their max (closest) setting, which is where I have them set at.

IMG_4510.thumb.jpeg.bf861976cdd6d1f36c5f2f421ad38d64.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

Edited by Nachserv

On 4/4/2021 at 6:16 AM, SigPig94 said:

That was my worry too.  After talking to GoRhino I realized they would be ok...and the DSS would be too narrow.  It’s hard to tell from the pic but they are just right.  Plus, there is nothing hanging below the step and the sit at the pinch weld.   Clean and tight. I really like them.   

846424A8-0360-4DAE-B2DF-A518DB52B19A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Wakinvol said:

That was my worry too.  After talking to GoRhino I realized they would be ok...and the DSS would be too narrow.  It’s hard to tell from the pic but they are just right.  Plus, there is nothing hanging below the step and the sit at the pinch weld.   Clean and tight. I really like them.   

846424A8-0360-4DAE-B2DF-A518DB52B19A.jpeg

Thx Wakinvol.

So just to confirm, those are the GoRhino D6 Dominators in your pic? Just want to make sure cuz I’m definitely leaning towards them....they look awesome on your truck.

Looks like they’re snug to the body and don’t hang too low....and they don’t stick out too much (when looking from behind the truck)?
Really appreciate your input.