Throttle response

Has anyone upgraded the throttle lag problem I have a 2018 Silverado with the 5.3.I have seen videos of the pedal commander but their are many more out there.I don't want to mess with my computer or throw check engine light I just want better throttle response just like the old school throttle cable setup. 

49 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

This is built into the tune it is called torque management in line with power enrichment. The pedal is electrical and is just a input or request to the computer. Then computer says no.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to tune that yet. I know that the ECU is locked (for right now) but is there a way to do it yet, or is that also locked in the ECU?

Edited by BlancoSilverado

37 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Is there anyway to tune that yet. I know that the ECU is locked (for right now) but is there a way to do it yet, or is that also locked in the ECU?

For the 2014-2018 yes there has been the ability to tune for the 2019 there isn't a commercially available option. So the official answer is no.   There are a small few that can so I expect it available before long.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlancoSilverado said:

Sprintboosterv3 will tune it to your liking, 18 levels of sensitivity, plus a 50% throttle lock, and a full throttle lock out incase your truck get jacked, easy 3 button interface , turns on off at the drop of the hat. $3bills. 

I only notice the "lag" if I floor it from a standstill, even with TC/ST still off. The massive request I am asking of the engine/computer is what is limiting the power/shock to the drivetrain. I felt it was best to not change that with my tuning to prevent broken parts haha.

Half to 3/4 throttle off the line for a split second and then flooring it will give it all the power though, even my crew cab truck does rolling burnouts.

A lot of the hesitation or quirky issues with the transmission settings while at speeds that feel like throttle lag can be corrected with a tune but I understand that route is not for everyone as it costs a decent amount of money or time/knowledge if they tackle it themselves.

Yes but....
The pe pedal delay and settings will delay power. You are 100% correct about to save the trans. This is why I push the trans tune so much.
For those that don't know this is a compare file so first you see stock second is the same fields in one of my tunes. Nothing wild. It is more of a babysitter for over pedaling it.
b059123b835157400c2c1b7d54a8f70a.jpgc889b18bc97c656c953c804823e0ed52.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 10/11/2019 at 9:49 AM, HottRodd67 said:

Has anyone upgraded the throttle lag problem I have a 2018 Silverado with the 5.3.I have seen videos of the pedal commander but their are many more out there.I don't want to mess with my computer or throw check engine light I just want better throttle response just like the old school throttle cable setup. 

I have the AFE sprint booster. It makes a big difference in pedal response. I run mine in lvl 5 which gets rid of most of the hesitation. My 2018 is now nearly as responsive as my older Silverado with a cable operated throttle. 

of course a tune is best option but I’m still under warranty and have a few years left. 

id recommend the sprint booster over the pedal commander. 

• Like 1

In another thread look for Soler Engineering throttle body. They take a stock throttle body and modify it to remove the part throttle lag No tune or black box needed. Ive done 2 vehicles now and both run silky smooth in what used to be laggy area.. Plus the company has been responsive and great to work with. They say the 5.3 tb is being worked on.

Edited by Pearl2017

1 hour ago, dukedkt442 said:

If you want a responsive vehicle buy a Camaro. I laugh out loud at guys trying to mod these hay bale haulers. 

If you go to the Camaro, Corvette or Cadillac forums you'll see similar complaints. The off throttle response is like a hay hauler. GM wont spend an extra nickel to refine throttle response of factory performance cars that could cross to our trucks. And with your attitude you prove them right not to do so.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

the Sprint booster is the equivalent of installing an eccentric cams on the throttle of a cable driven throttle body. best part is the ability to switch back to stock settings, this is great for when your trying to get good gas mileage in v4 mode or you stuck in stop and go city traffic. you kinda want to revert back to a dead throttle in certain situations like snow and ice, heavy traffic jams.  i also like the ability to lock out the truck throttle via the Sprintbooster so no one can drive the truck out of the garage who is unwise to it...

Edited by flyingfool

On 10/13/2019 at 6:56 PM, Pearl2017 said:

And with your attitude you prove them right not to do so.

Thank you for finding the root cause of the problems for the rest of us.

It is a big boat, but you are more than welcome to join us, (your reply, and who it was aimed at) was very well played.