Keyless Entry 2016 Silverado

I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ remote now does mirrors, windows, door locks, tailgate locks, and remote start. I just wish it had keyless entry but not some kit where the door has a keypad on it just actual walk up and pull on handle once or twice and it’s open. What’s the best way to do this if possible?

5083E810-7A6A-47C6-91A3-6036468B1630.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Cainanhunt said:

I have a 2016 Silverado 1500 LTZ remote now does mirrors, windows, door locks, tailgate locks, and remote start. I just wish it had keyless entry but not some kit where the door has a keypad on it just actual walk up and pull on handle once or twice and it’s open. What’s the best way to do this if possible?

5083E810-7A6A-47C6-91A3-6036468B1630.jpeg

Welcome to the site. 

Great looking truck!!!

The wife's 16 Tahoe LTZ has handles that just need to be touched to lock or unlock vehicle, but the difference is it has the pushbutton start and matching fob.

Maybe possible to get it too work after a swap, pretty sure someone on here would know.

It is not possible on the 2016 trucks, it was talked about years ago and cant be done due to needing programming that the dealer wont do.

Sorry but if you want the proximity entry option and push button start you will need to upgrade to the newer trucks that have it.

31 minutes ago, TJay74 said:

It is not possible on the 2016 trucks, it was talked about years ago and cant be done due to needing programming that the dealer wont do.

Sorry but if you want the proximity entry option and push button start you will need to upgrade to the newer trucks that have it.

Dealer "can't" do

5083E810-7A6A-47C6-91A3-6036468B1630.thumb.jpeg.7751018f681c388396d4ab76a96ad2b0.jpeg

Great looking truck what’s the specs on lift and wheels and tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe something White Auto Media and@pgamboa would be able to tackle? I'm new here but I've seen all of Gamboa's youtube videos. Possibly the Escalade handles he has installed plus WAMS programming? Not trying to delegate, but I'm guessing if its anybody on the planet that would get something like that to work, itd be them.

P.S: sorry PGamboa for electing you [emoji28], it's was meant to be a compliment

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Maybe something White Auto Media and[mention=159655]pgamboa[/mention] would be able to tackle? I'm new here but I've seen all of Gamboa's youtube videos. Possibly the Escalade handles he has installed plus WAMS programming? Not trying to delegate, but I'm guessing if its anybody on the planet that would get something like that to work, itd be them.

P.S: sorry PGamboa for electing you [emoji28], it's was meant to be a compliment

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

During the Escalade handle retrofit, I got asked many times about making passive entry work.

I’ve also had several discussion with WAMS on this and due to the nature of this upgrade and the security/safety protocols behind it, was advised it cannot be done.

So I stopped digging into it. During the digging though, I found several interface modules and a wireless transmitter module.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

During the Escalade handle retrofit, I got asked many times about making passive entry work.

I’ve also had several discussion with WAMS on this and due to the nature of this upgrade and the security/safety protocols behind it, was advised it cannot be done.

So I stopped digging into it. During the digging though, I found several interface modules and a wireless transmitter module.

Need figure out how to

program the fobs with out dorman or dealership 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

See I had a feeling you would have thought of everything with this mod. Thanks for the update. I never did read the whole thread on it but i figured it'd be faster to @ mention you cause your the Man with that sort of thing.

• Like 1

It is very unfortunate that GM waited until the T1 trucks to do the passive entry.  My '07 BMW has it yet I can't get it with a '18 truck that has an equal MSRP (considering inflation).  Probably the thing I dislike the most about my truck.

I can say I'd pay up to about $1000 to do this upgrade (parts and module programming, DIY labor).  I'm sure others would as well...

2016 gmc sierra 1500, all terrain

I'm also looking into this upgrade except I want it all: 

- PKE (passive keyless entry)

- push button start

- bluetooth enabled via smartphone

Despite the insight and information offered in this thread I'm not yet ready to concede this can't be done to a  "16".  I would think that with the remote unlock and start options within the mygmc (mychevy) apps, the technology and communication ability must be in place.  Are any of you familiar with "innovative ignition systems"?  They offer this very package but haven't been able to verify credibility.  See link below.  Responses welcome.  They only other product advertised with these options was through Walmart. 

https://www.innovativeignitionsystems.com/gsm-31-rfid

1 hour ago, GMGH said:

2016 gmc sierra 1500, all terrain

I'm also looking into this upgrade except I want it all: 

- PKE (passive keyless entry)

- push button start

- bluetooth enabled via smartphone

Despite the insight and information offered in this thread I'm not yet ready to concede this can't be done to a  "16".  I would think that with the remote unlock and start options within the mygmc (mychevy) apps, the technology and communication ability must be in place.  Are any of you familiar with "innovative ignition systems"?  They offer this very package but haven't been able to verify credibility.  See link below.  Responses welcome.  They only other product advertised with these options was through Walmart. 

https://www.innovativeignitionsystems.com/gsm-31-rfid

Dude, if Chris White and PGAMBOAH say it cant be done, then it cant be done. Chris White and WAMS are the ones who can access the BCM systems and reflash the modules that the dealer is not able to do. If you cant get the BCM reprogrammed then you cant get the proximity stuff to work at all. So a OEM factory integrated solution is off the books.

Unless the aftermarket offers something you are out of luck.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, TJay74 said:

Dude, if Chris White and PGAMBOAH say it cant be done, then it cant be done. Chris White and WAMS are the ones who can access the BCM systems and reflash the modules that the dealer is not able to do. If you cant get the BCM reprogrammed then you cant get the proximity stuff to work at all. So a OEM factory integrated solution is off the books.

That's not true at all.  There are a number of lower model truck retrofits that were "impossible" just a couple years ago that are the norm today.  Further, it may also have something to do with time vs money.  Some upgrades would require too much work/effort to be profitable, especially if other aspects of the business are making money.  WAMS has even stated as such in terms of adding functionality to the Denali cluster beyond stock - they have experimented, but the work vs reward wasn't there for them to pursue it further (at least right now).