Hello, 

I wanted to see if anyone knows the actual answer about leveling a trail boss. Can you really get away with a "cheap" level ie. Rough Country using only spacers or do I need to fork out the extra and get the ready lift or fabtech with the upper control arms. Is the Readylift video brainwashing me or do you really need the control arms?!? Asking because it seems to be about $500 (CAD) difference between the two choices. 

If you look through the extensive amount of posts regarding levels on a Trail boss there was one about someone with a spacer who had a CV boot tear (similar to the readylift video).   There are way more people though who have used just the spacer with zero issues. When it's time for tires and I level mine I will use a kit with new UCAs.

See this thread:

Just added the Rough Country 1.5" level kit to my new Trail Boss on Monday.  As I state in my post in the above linked thread, the control arms are fine with stock tire/wheel combo.  However, if your going to want to go with a wider tire (not so much taller); like a 35 "x 12.50" you'll need new control arms with different angles, or new wheels with a different offset, or I guess wheel spacers would work too.  As of now though, the stock tires and wheels work just fine with the Rough Country level kit.

**Edit**

Just saw your second post... looks like you already have aftermarket tires/wheels.  What size tires are you running.  I think anything over 11.5" wide, you'll probably be rubbing with the level kit.  The stock 275/65R 18's are 10.8" wide.... so you may be able to go another 1/2 wider.  12.5" wide will definitely rub ball joint with level kit.

When I eventually decide to get larger tires, I'll probably just go with new set of control arms like Total Chaos or Camburg.

Edited by Swiftks