Anybody lose a package?

SlowGMC

FedEx delivered my new catback exhaust system to the wrong address like the idiots they are and whoever received it signed for my exhaust. I have opened a investigation because this was a 1,000$ package. Has anyone else had this happened? How did it turn out?

Not exactly.  I've had a number of packages incorrectly delivered to me.  Then I hunt down neighbors who normally wouldn't speak to me to deliver their property.  All this seems to be getting worse lately.  I think they contract out deliveries now as a cost cutting measure.

Good luck getting your exhaust.  I'd like to hear how it turns out.

• Thanks 1

I did.  I had a camshaft on order that already took forever with stupid delays before it shipped.  So after another week or week and a half in transit I get notification it's at the post office ( it was fedex or ups and sometimes they do that for rural outlying communities here for smaller parcels).  Anyways I go to pick it up and it's totally the wrong shape for a cam.  I open it at the post office and its 2 pairs of running shoes.  They had slapped my name on a label over some other guys name and address in a town a couple hours away.  I get a hold of the courier and somehow buddy with the shoes has my cam.  I let the courier deal with the shoes and attempt to get my cam back.  The courier had dropped my cam with the guy and he refused to take it to their depot and they had to go pick it up... so another week later the courier has the cam back.  I finally get the thing about 2 months since purchase now and drum roll... its the wrong core anyway.  So the cam manufacturer ground another one on a rush and I had it in a week lol.  I was going to file with ups or fedex at the time but they did track my package down and get it back to me... and buddy got his shoes lol. 

FedEx broke another package I got and actually were pretty hassle free when I filed a claim and just paid me out. It was a set of electric fans and I got my money in a week or two from receiving it broken.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SierraHD17 said:

I did.  I had a camshaft on order that already took forever with stupid delays before it shipped.  So after another week or week and a half in transit I get notification it's at the post office ( it was fedex or ups and sometimes they do that for rural outlying communities here for smaller parcels).  Anyways I go to pick it up and it's totally the wrong shape for a cam.  I open it at the post office and its 2 pairs of running shoes.  They had slapped my name on a label over some other guys name and address in a town a couple hours away.  I get a hold of the courier and somehow buddy with the shoes has my cam.  I let the courier deal with the shoes and attempt to get my cam back.  The courier had dropped my cam with the guy and he refused to take it to their depot and they had to go pick it up... so another week later the courier has the cam back.  I finally get the thing about 2 months since purchase now and drum roll... its the wrong core anyway.  So the cam manufacturer ground another one on a rush and I had it in a week lol.  I was going to file with ups or fedex at the time but they did track my package down and get it back to me... and buddy got his shoes lol. 

FedEx broke another package I got and actually were pretty hassle free when I filed a claim and just paid me out. It was a set of electric fans and I got my money in a week or two from receiving it broken.  

Thanks. I guess it's a waiting game now 

They drop off my stuff at everyone else's house but mine. I'm number 445 and they drop to 405 and 455 regularly. I saw a USPS package for me at my neighbors house one day so I asked the mailman about it and he said "oh ok I'll check it out". I watch him drive up the road and put the mail in the box and drive away. Hope he wonders why he's never gotten a tip around Christmas.

• Thanks 1

Ordered some weed barrier earlier this year that ended up being delivered to someone in Colorado. I live in Utah. After two days past delivery,  FedEx figured out that the box had two labels on it.  Explained to the retailer, bought on eBay, they refunded me after some coaxing. FedEx was just scanning both labels until it was delivered...really odd.  

• Thanks 1

Only real shipping problem I've had is with getting a pressure cap to use with a Motive pressure bleeder.  The guy at Motive could not put my address on the form properly, and it kept getting most of the way to my house, then getting sent back for not being a valid address.  I filled my address in correctly in their web site, typed it out neatly formatted in emails, sent them pics of letters sent to my house (IIRC, this finally did the trick, he sent me a pic of the label he created from this and it looked correct to me and it made it to my house).

• Thanks 1

Which exhaust did you get?  I have the Borla GM performance CatBack on order, but been since mid October now and still waiting due to the UAW strike.  Now I hope it actually makes it here when it does ship...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Snow Shovel said:

All this seems to be getting worse lately.  I think they contract out deliveries now as a cost cutting measure.

I had a guy deliver an Amazon package yesterday that was driving a Jeep Cherokee with a trailer hitch rack full of boxes with a net tying them down. It was a shitty day too. Rain,snow, freezing rain,sleet .

The boxes were all wet. It just goes to show how desperate they are for help this time of year. I'm  glad he grabbed my box out of the back seat. BTW this was at about 8pm.  

• Thanks 1

I have had it happen, I find it hard to believe so many people sign for stuff and keep it. 

I take packages to people all the time when I received it wrong. But have never had someone bring me my stuff. Most often the sell has to ship a second and I have no clue if the original is ever found.

I even had to force people to give me my own stuff when I get confirmation on where it was delivered.

Edited by Mikebtte
  • Thanks 1

So to update the story. While I was at work I recieved a notification that my package was delivered again. I called home and magically my exhaust was on my front door step. FedEx never called to tell me they had gotten it back or anything. I looked up the tracking number out of curiosity and it showed them loading it in the truck this morning and delivering it. I guess I dont really care what happened as long as I got it. Box didnt appeared to be tampered with and everything was there. I swear if I have an option I will never use fedex again. Thanks everybody for your stories and keeping my Hope's up. 

On 12/1/2019 at 4:33 PM, reardiff said:

Which exhaust did you get?  I have the Borla GM performance CatBack on order, but been since mid October now and still waiting due to the UAW strike.  Now I hope it actually makes it here when it does ship...

That exhuast is to rich for my blood lol

Well it certainly isn't cheap but made of 304 stainless, has the GM flapper and supposedly no drone.  For what it's worth MSRP is $1,249 but GM Parts Warehouse has it for $979 + free shipping, by far the best price I've found. Now just have to see if it ever gets here. We're coming up on 2 months now due to the strike and now paranoid it won't even make it when it does ship.