New Update v148

claw2791

On 12/12/2019 at 4:38 AM, SkidooSteve12 said:

My 2020 2500HD Silverado LT gave me that update notification this morning just as I got to work and I saw it had a 12 minute installation time, so I will do that later today. I am glad to read it has radio updates because yesterday my radio started to stay on after I parked the truck and opened the driver's door. It wouldn't shut off after pressing the Ignition button on and off with my foot off the brake. I eventually just powered off the radio. I had to do this a few times. Hopefully this update takes care of this new issue.

I had this same issue. Did download and in the 4-5 days has not happened again.

I have a 19 LTZ and haven't seen any updates yet. I hope I don't get it, everything is working great right now.

I pretty much live in my truck and it drives me crazy it something gets screwed up. I can't afford downtime on my truck, if it is out of commission I don't make money.

Tom

Did GM decide to dim the damn screen while the truck is in reverse? Getting blasted with light while trying to back up at night is.....not fun. (My 2014 didn’t do it!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know it’s funny. I thought everyone was being dramatic about this at first until I was backing out at my buddy’s ranch the other night with no ambient lighting. “Blinding” is an understatement.

I have a 19 LT. Hopefully it dims that down.

Do I need 4G in the truck? I just cancelled my plan. Or can I just hook it up to WiFi with my hotspot/home network?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know it’s funny. I thought everyone was being dramatic about this at first until I was backing out at my buddy’s ranch the other night with no ambient lighting. “Blinding” is an understatement.

I have a 19 LT. Hopefully it dims that down.

Do I need 4G in the truck? I just cancelled my plan. Or can I just hook it up to WiFi with my hotspot/home network?

I let my 4g trial expire a while ago, and I have not hooked up to WiFi and my update downloaded automatically, so I guess you don't need to pay for 4g OnStar to get the updates

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

I let my 4g trial expire a while ago, and I have not hooked up to WiFi and my update downloaded automatically, so I guess you don't need to pay for 4g OnStar to get the updates

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Same situation as me, must have downloaded for free through OnStar.

I installed the update yesterday morning when I parked in the parking lot at work. It gave me the notification again when I put it in park, before I shut the truck off, and then ran through a couple of acknowledgement screens. The only difference I noticed was my radio was changed to Sirus XM channel 2. My phone connected to the BlueTooth automatically and hopefully it keeps connecting consistantly compared to before when it wouldn't connected a majority of the time with BlueTooth. I would have to use the USB cord to connect my phone usually just for calls.

1 hour ago, mandrewbot3k said:

Checked for an update yesterday and looks like my build is pretty old. Is this only on XM radios? I have the non-app infotainment system. Which is odd since there is an app tab.

This is what my About screen says

fd170225459a67c94d363d74c9b8d38c.jpg

The base-level infotainment doesn’t do OTA updates and isn’t on the same software, so what you have is pretty much what you have. Doubt there were any revisions since September 2018 as it says...but if there were, the dealer would have to do them.

37 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

The base-level infotainment doesn’t do OTA updates and isn’t on the same software, so what you have is pretty much what you have. Doubt there were any revisions since September 2018 as it says...but if there were, the dealer would have to do them.

I think I have the one level up. It at least has a thing that says it's checking for updates. And options to do automatic OTA updates? The RPO code of the system is IOR. 

I haven't messed with the deep settings of my radio much.  I also haven't "pressed the blue OnStar button" either to set that crap up....don't care, don't need it.

I'm intrigued by the downloading of updates via home WiFi network....tell me more...

How do I connect the truck to my home network to download the updates?

13 minutes ago, SquireSCA said:

I just went and checked my 2019 Trail Boss... latest update it took was from October, and it checked for an update today and said it's on the latest version, something like 805.1 or something...

Yeah, me too.  I'm wondering if we're going to get this latest update. Ugh!