Rear doors

I have an 04 Chevy Silverado. Rear doors will not unlock with key fob or the lock button, but will lock if I manually unlock them. Does anybody have any idea what may have happened and how to fix this? It is a true inconvenience when your trying to put something on the back seat and have to open the front door to reach back to unlock the rear door. Thanks

Edited by Mark Williard

I'd look into the harness and the lock actuator itself.

You'll need to pull the door panels off to check power and ground at the connector. You could even test the part out of the vehicle to see if it still functions.

1 hour ago, Mark Williard said:

Both doors did it at the same time. They will lock with key fob or switch, but wont unlock with either.

Sounds like a case of "We have tried nothing and we are all out of ideas!" Occam's razor in full effect. Look for the simple stuff before complicating it.

I kid you not, I have seen door locks, light bulbs and coil packs all fail at the same time. Start at the fuses, work your way to the locks by checking ground's and powers and test the door lock actuators. I bet you find the issue.

Edited by Mikebtte

• 1 month later...