Side Detection Temp Unavailable Issue SBZA 2018 Tahoe Premier

First time poster  this evening and came across this forum after searching/researching my issue online. I recently purchased a 2018 Tahoe Premier with roughly 37K miles on it. Since purchasing I have had a message of "Side Detection Is Temporarily Unavailable" on the info screen upon each start. I have also noticed my SBZA system not to be functioning. Well, after realizing this was more than a setting being turned off or computer issue, I took it into my local Chevy Service center to be inspected. I was surprised to learn of a potential costly fix without an easy work around. 

Basically my service center was having a difficult time diagnosing the problem at first, but came across a bulletin to check the heat staking for the brackets that attached to the rear bumper modules. They checked and found that the heat staking on my passenger side was pulled away from the bumper and on the drivers side, a bent or improperly repaired bracket. The recommended fix per the bulletin was to replace the rear bumper to correct the concern due to excessive gaping cause by heat staking being pulled away from the bumper cover fascia. Basically a new bumper cover assembly with sensors included in the assembly. This being a fairly costly repair considering the replacement of the bumper cover, additional work and labor, as well as paint. 

Has anyone dealt with this issue and have any suggestions or any other possible remedies. The folks at my Chevy dealership service feel the sensors can't be adjusted, fixed, or brackets fixed due to the compromising of the heat staking. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am working with the dealership I  purchased the used vehicle at to correct, but trying to minimize my out of pocket if it comes to be my responsibility. 

Thanks in advance!