Head Lights/ Low Beam = Pissed Drivers

Has anyone had any experience of people flashing the high beams at you when meeting oncoming traffic while using low beams.  I previously owned a 2016 gmc and would get an occasional flash.  I have notice in the 2019 that numerous people are flashing the brights when meeting oncoming traffic.  Was curious if the head lights on the new truck was that much brighter or alignment of them needed to be adjusted for on coming traffic.  Just curious if any one else is having this issue.  Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Yeah happens often. I flash back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the newer lights in most vehicles just going up an incline gives the appearance of high beams being on. Usually if the low beams are on so are the running lights ( fog lights). Our roads out here have slight inclines. It’s seems since 2011 no matter what vehicle I’ve driven on those inclines people think the highs are on. I just give a quick flick if I get flashed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a simple adjustment.....But,

If you have HID projectors, the shutters may not be operating.....if so could be a bad fuse or relay. When you move the stalk for high beams you should hear mechanical shutters opening to convert from the normal low beam to expose more light to create a high beam. If no clicking noises are heard under the hood in both headlight areas when moving the high beam stalk, the shutter system is broken and your low beams are inoperative and you are on default high beam even though the blue dash light may not be lit..

8 hours ago, Lsgun1 said:

Some people are idiots so I wouldn't think much of it. When I get flashed I like to show them my high beams.

Too many years driving and too much brains to do that. But keep doing it and someday you may run into someone with an equivalent amount of brains and driving ethics driving my my setup of 6 LED highs, plus 2x8" on the sports bar plus a 40" in the grille and find out who the real idiot is.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, Thomcat said:

Could be a simple adjustment.....But,

If you have HID projectors, the shutters may not be operating.....if so could be a bad fuse or relay. When you move the stalk for high beams you should hear mechanical shutters opening to convert from the normal low beam to expose more light to create a high beam. If no clicking noises are heard under the hood in both headlight areas when moving the high beam stalk, the shutter system is broken and your low beams are inoperative and you are on default high beam even though the blue dash light may not be lit..

There's no or shutters or projectors on the '19 Silverado.

When the low beam headlamps are ON and the turn signal/multifunction switch is placed in the high beam position, ground is applied to the BCM through the high beam signal circuit. The BCM responds to the high beam request by applying ground to the high beam relay control circuit which energizes the high beam relay. With the high beam relay energized, the switch contacts close allowing battery voltage to flow through the high beam fuse to the high beam control circuits to there respective high beam solenoid actuators located within the headlamp assemblies. With the left and right high beam solenoid actuators active, the solenoid shutters open in each headlamp assembly exposing the remaining portion of the headlamp that was covered by the shutters illuminating the high beams at full intensity.