Trying to order new 3500... Not having any luck.

15 hours ago, trswyo said:

I'm in Wyoming. Not many dealers around me. I started with the local, the one over the hill as we call it and some in Colorado on the I 25 corridor (One Colorado dealer finally got a price to me a half hour ago. It was BS. Wouldn't honor current promotions / incentives. Said they only use the incentives at time of delivery and we can talk pricing when it comes in in 16 to 20 weeks, after putting down a non refundable $2k deposit).

I have hit up Laura and waiting on a response from them since there seems to be a lot of positive comments on them (and possibly the best price). 

Definitely not a reputable dealer - $2K non-refundable deposit.  Might even be illegal.  However, they are right about incentives - it is all about what is active when you take delivery, not when you order.

20 minutes ago, Tomato said:

Definitely not a reputable dealer - $2K non-refundable deposit.  Might even be illegal.  However, they are right about incentives - it is all about what is active when you take delivery, not when you order.

I was under the impression GM allowed the best of, i.e. when the order was submitted or at time of delivery... that is what I have been told by a couple GM plant retiree friends I have. Is that a recent-ish change or is that the way it has always been?

coordinate the delivery of vehicle to coincide with best months incentives are usually available.....sure its pretty mush same every year.....

• Like 1

I was under the impression GM allowed the best of, i.e. when the order was submitted or at time of delivery... that is what I have been told by a couple GM plant retiree friends I have. Is that a recent-ish change or is that the way it has always been?

For the GM factory incentives it’s time of delivery, I don’t think dealers have much choice in that.
However, for any dealer specific incentives, they can do whatever they want.

3 hours ago, Tomato said:

I believe it has always been time of delivery.  I'll ask my nephew next time we talk to confirm.

13 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

For the GM factory incentives it’s time of delivery, I don’t think dealers have much choice in that.

Thanks, this is good to know. I will admit I am a pia when it comes to negotiations... I try to not be unrealistic though. Being this is my first order I need to come to terms that I may not see as good of a deal for one on the lot... if I can get one of these dealers to respond.

34 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

My dealer gave it to me in writing when I placed my order.  I get the factory incentives that were in effect the day I ordered it OR if the incentives are better the day I take delivery, I will get the better incentives.  Perhaps the dealer is the one that has to eat the difference if the incentives were to go down, but that is not my problem.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sniperdan said:

My dealer gave it to me in writing when I placed my order.  I get the factory incentives that were in effect the day I ordered it OR if the incentives are better the day I take delivery, I will get the better incentives.  Perhaps the dealer is the one that has to eat the difference if the incentives were to go down, but that is not my problem.

A good dealership that wants your business will write it that way.  Both my Rams were ordered and written as best incentive available, order or delivery date.

As for the original subject, GM is still trying to catch up on the lost strike time, so they have likely cut off orders for the 2020 model year.  Fleet orders were stopped a couple of weeks ago and had to be transmitted by this past Friday March 6, so it's not a surprise that retail orders are likely no longer possible. 

Another day... no where closer. Called three of the dealerships this morning. First one said he was with a customer and would call me right back (He never called me back). Second one said I will have an email shortly (no email yet). Third emailed saying they can order it and to pay a $1000 deposit, I called asking for pricing info and was told they need to get with their manager and will call me back (no call back yet).

Edited by trswyo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, trswyo said:

Another day... no where closer. Called three of the dealerships this morning. First one said he was with a customer and would call me right back (He never called me back). Second one said I will have an email shortly (no email yet). Third emailed saying they can order it and to pay a $1000 deposit, I called asking for pricing info and was told they need to get with their manager and will call me back (no call back yet).

damn dude, this is so crazy. It always amazes me how difficult some people make it to take your money! I'm sure my original dealer I ordered mine with would take your order, you just may never actually get the truck, but they'll order it hahaha. 

Did you never hear back from Laura either??

Edited by FirstAscent

23 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

damn dude, this is so crazy. It always amazes me how difficult some people make it to take your money! I'm sure my original dealer I ordered mine with would take your order, you just may never actually get the truck, but they'll order it hahaha. 

Did you never hear back from Laura either??

Called them this morning and talked to C, he was supposed to have something back today and he never got back to me. He doesn't appear to be the most go getter of em all.

I may hit up their GM or GSM tomorrow and ask WTF is going on, especially since I let him know my dad is ready to bite on an Acadia Denali, -quickest two car sale they can make.

I've been keeping some detailed notes on this process. I am thinking I will find a creative way to share my experience with GM. 

Called them this morning and talked to C, he was supposed to have something back today and he never got back to me. He doesn't appear to be the most go getter of em all.

I may hit up their GM or GSM tomorrow and ask WTF is going on, especially since I let him know my dad is ready to bite on an Acadia Denali, -quickest two car sale they can make.

I've been keeping some detailed notes on this process. I am thinking I will find a creative way to share my experience with GM. 

Yeah I know what you mean. He’s been helpful but I do have to give him friendly reminders if I need fast action.

Yeah keep taking those notes. For any sales person this is such an easy sale! They don’t even have to put that much effort in, we put the effort in already haha.

that's crazy.....in LA when I was looking I couldn't get em to stop calling, emailing, and texting me even after I told them I already bought one.....doesn't make any sense, unless their selling trucks left and right and dont have time, idk

Laura is high volume so I can maye see that, although same 2500hd trucks have been listed there for well over a week so they aren't selling tons of those

Edited by Dunn

So I have been a little more proactive in my calling today. I have a question for those that have ordered...

Were you given a base sale price of the truck? (Fake numbers) MSRP is $68,000 we will sell it to you at $62,500 plus whatever rebates are at time of delivery.

Or

Were you told, I can't give you a base price until the truck is built and invoiced to the dealer. Please pay a non-refundable deposit and we will order your truck and confirm pricing once it arrives at the dealership.

Edited by trswyo