Trying to order new 3500... Not having any luck.

3 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

Flint is running 24/7 right now trying to fulfill the orders it has.  

#iworkforGM 

This is what scares me.  Mandatory overtime usually means staff are unhappy and burned out.  In my experience, unhappy and burned out staff make mistakes, take shortcuts and don't take pride in their work which leads to lower quality workmanship.  My truck was just built in the past week and I am more than a little uneasy about it.

3 hours ago, MTU Alum said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see assembly plants shutting down due to the virus if things continue to escalate.  

#iworkforGM 

Makes me wonder if that is a reason to wait... I want my truck, but could this save me money in the long run or if I order be waiting for months without a truck?

Edited by trswyo

52 minutes ago, trswyo said:

Makes me wonder if that is a reason to wait... I want my truck, but could this save me money in the long run or if I order be waiting for months without a truck?

probably too late for 2020 it seems....

55 minutes ago, Sniperdan said:

This is what scares me.  Mandatory overtime usually means staff are unhappy and burned out.  In my experience, unhappy and burned out staff make mistakes, take shortcuts and don't take pride in their work which leads to lower quality workmanship.  My truck was just built in the past week and I am more than a little uneasy about it.

it has to pass QC and there is a warranty....youll be fine, its not like its piece work in construction and they are making more money doing same job....and really to be honest most aren't that happy anyway so maybe few extra bucks helps!.....sure it will be fine

Things may finally be coming to a conclusion. Hope to have an order into Workbench tomorrow morning. Once I know this is official I will post some additional craziness to this process.... I am seriously thinking I am on some hidden GM blacklist. haha.

• Like 1

Things may finally be coming to a conclusion. Hope to have an order into Workbench tomorrow morning. Once I know this is official I will post some additional craziness to this process.... I am seriously thinking I am on some hidden GM blacklist. haha.

Good luck man! Fingers crossed for ya

On 3/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, SilveradoX2 said:

And now the UAW is demanding a two week shutdown of the production lines because of the coronavirus.  The hits just keep on coming.

And they got it:

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-suppliers/detroit-3-begin-idle-north-american-plants

On 3/17/2020 at 1:54 PM, SilveradoX2 said:

And now the UAW is demanding a two week shutdown of the production lines because of the coronavirus.  The hits just keep on coming.

6 hours ago, KCJackson1 said:

Well... I guess its a good thing I ordered knowing it could take 6 to 99 weeks for the truck to come in ?‍♂️

• Like 1

When you place an order with a dealer, the status is 1100. UNTIL Chevrolet ACCEPTS the order, it just sits there at 1100. You don't have an order with GM at this point. You only have a dealer requesting an allocation for a slot in the production schedule.

Your dealer MUST get GM to accept the order. When GM accepts the order, all the parts are available and will be allocated to your truck build.

DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process
The weekly process consists of 4 stages.
1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders.  (A Constraint is a limit placed on specific build configurations.)
2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than was allocated, if they asked.)
4. Dealer Review - You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the orders are sent to production control.

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

I heard on another forum (from worker there) that the Flint truck plant laid off workers this past Friday. Production halted......

I’d bet, I hope, they bring everyone back once the dust settles.