Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto

Read an article saying the 2021 Yukon and I think Equinox will have Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. I’m guessing the Tahoe, Escalade etc will have it as well. 

Anybody have any insight if the 2021 trucks will have it or do you think they’re saving it for the refresh? 

1 hour ago, spizike9 said:

Read an article saying the 2021 Yukon and I think Equinox will have Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto. I’m guessing the Tahoe, Escalade etc will have it as well. 

Anybody have any insight if the 2021 trucks will have it or do you think they’re saving it for the refresh? 

I wish the 2020 models would get it with an over the air update ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jgisonfire said:

There are "universal" wireless adapters available now. I've only just started looking into them, so no idea if they work, but I'm hopeful...

I would actually be interested in that if it's as reliable as plugging it in. 

Stay away from the adapters.

They don't work and are a pain in the butt.

I bought one that shipped from China that simply didn't work.  When I tried to return they tried to get me to tap into the device and make changes and update it claiming it should work.

The return process took 3 weeks.  Beware.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JAshworth03 said:

Stay away from the adapters.

They don't work and are a pain in the butt.

I bought one that shipped from China that simply didn't work.  When I tried to return they tried to get me to tap into the device and make changes and update it claiming it should work.

The return process took 3 weeks.  Beware.

Thanks... I figured they were too new to work yet... did you buy it off of Amazon, or another location? I've seen some of them go for as much as $175, and some that were under $20...

1 minute ago, jgisonfire said:

Thanks... I figured they were too new to work yet... did you buy it off of Amazon, or another location? I've seen some of them go for as much as $175, and some that were under $20...

From what I can gather there are two big brands.  I tried both of the $120+ brands and neither work in our T1’s.  I’m relatively techy and spent a lot of time fiddling with both.  I have no doubt they work, just not with MyLink in our T1’s. 

• Like 1

Am I missing something? My 2020 AT4 can play my music on my i-Phone through bluetooth just fine. It even shows on the left hand side of the radio the name of my phone and the bluetooth symbol under it. I'll take a pic later when I'm in my truck.

Marc

8 minutes ago, Dali555 said:

Am I missing something? My 2020 AT4 can play my music on my i-Phone through bluetooth just fine. It even shows on the left hand side of the radio the name of my phone and the bluetooth symbol under it. I'll take a pic later when I'm in my truck.

Marc

Android phones have always played music wirelessly using Bt too.

But neither AA or CarPlay (and the associated apps) have been previously able to operate without cable. 

2 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Android phones have always played music wirelessly using Bt too.

But neither AA or CarPlay (and the associated apps) have been previously able to operate without cable. 

But Carplay does now as mine does.... and I'm seeing people in this thread wishing for it.... below...

On 3/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, ausomecasey said:

I wish the 2020 models would get it with an over the air update ?

40 minutes ago, Fuelie said:

So are you saying that apple CarPlay works in your truck wirelessly?

Meaning that google or apple maps show up on your display without a wire?

We need a pic :)

Tom

I haven’t tried maps but I play my music wirelessly... here is a pic of my screen showing when my phone was wired and when wireless9BB5F0CE-15C5-48BC-BAF2-DE6EDAB53E17.jpeg.3518e388fdaa293f694a058dbb0c6ee1.jpeg

I have android

it does music through Bluetooth but not maps or other apps....for navigation it has to be plugged in

music has never been the issue its alaways been other apps and nav

Edited by Dunn