Knock Sensors

I'm having chronic troubles with knock sensors on my 2001 GMC 2500HD 6.0L. 

I've replaced them 3 times in about as many months. The first ones were "Lifetime warranty" But they failed twice. I replace both sensors the wiring harness and manifold gasket each time.

The last set was AC Delco and now I'm having to replace them again after getting the knock sensor codes. Any insight to this hit and miss problem? 

I replace them and drive 10-14 miles and the codes are back! 

One final question? Can I reuse the intake manifold seal if it been installed for a month or less? This goes against my better judgement! But I spending a small fortune on manifold gaskets. 

I'm getting efficient at completing this work! But I don't want to be!!! Any help appreciated.

Maybe post what codes are being generated.

Just replacing the short harness from the knock sensors to the rear of the engine isn't enough.  Depending on what code is being generated, there could still be a wiring harness problem past where the stub harness connects (between it and the ecm).

As well, knock sensors are sensitive to being damaged by say, being dropped (even in their packaging, even more before you ever saw the part).

Edited by davester

Riverbanks,

I had only the P0327 and P0332 codes last time I had the check engine light come on.

I think your right 15 lbs? I was thinking the manifold torques.

Yes, All the codes are correct.

I've been able to erase and the codes with up grades and searching for leaks.

As of now I only have the 2 knock sensor codes.

The prior knock sensors were "lifetime Warranty" but low quality, swapped them for ACDelco sensors now. 

I've checked out the harnesses and sensors before installing them. Used a vise to hold the sensor and tap on the vise and check the reading with a multi-meter. I also checked the sensors after removal and they were faulty.

Am I looking in the wrong area for a fix?