Coronavirus

KARNUT

1 hour ago, 2500W/T said:

My 2 cents.

As far masks... what load of crap... the analogy is, wearing a Mosquito Net on your face in a Dust Storm.  I wear none, period, no question asked.  The Virus floating in the air enters your eyes and the few wearing the mask bellow the nose, enter through the nose... so the damage is done.  The Mouth Diaper is a total waste of time.

Two points here. First yes, worn wrong they do nothing but more importantly and for the millionth time you don't wear a mask to prevent getting it. You wear a mask to prevent GIVING it. Limits the distance YOU spray. :wtf:

Your mother never taught you to cover your mouth when you cough? 

:idiot:

Don I didn't think my point could be made this quickly!

:crackup:

• Like 1

My current sources...

My wife is a clinical nurse, house suppervisor and talk to doctors.  Honestly, I have no faith on Allopathic Medicine.  Allopaths are taught through academia and memorize all sorts of ideas.  What western medicine is good for is Trauma Treatments.  The Allopaths fix all issues with some sort of pharmaceuticals, troubleshoot skills are near to 0 or 0.  Why they have Protocols?  Because they are dumb asses and that ensure the proper treatment. Science is about calling Bullshît all the time and if Science is believed by faith, is not Science, is a Cult.

For what I see, read and experienced, Vaccinations are way overrated.  Much so, they are fast tracked without any proper testing, futher more.... you can be killed with a vaccine and pharmaceuticals are liable for any wrong doing.

Why always has to be a vaccination and not a "pill"?  Is the certification and aproval, 2 different animals.

Lets play Darwing and you take the shot, me none, whoever survive take the planet.

I guess I am on 4 Cents ?

Edited by 2500W/T

Want to see creativity? I was play cards with a guy that was wearing Half a bra for a mask. He was social distancing though. Half the people here think the whole thing is bull. Amazing since there’re the most vulnerable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Two points here. First yes, worn wrong they do nothing but more importantly and for the millionth time you don't wear a mask to prevent getting it. You wear a mask to prevent GIVING it. Limits the distance YOU spray. :wtf:

Your mother never taught you to cover your mouth when you cough? 

:idiot:

Don I didn't think my point could be made this quickly!

:crackup:

I hardly cough due to great health.  I am over half a century old and do not take a single medication.  My lab work always checks out perfect.

And if I do (cough and/or sneeze).... as a courtesy, always covered, is common sense and manners.

Well, this thread as many others on other forums, all boils down to the Masked Vs Un-Masked.  Kens/Karens Vs The People

Rubella, Pertussis, Flu, Polio, Pneumococcal, Tetanus, Meningococcal,  Hepatitis B, Mumps, Hib, Smallpox, Typhoid,  Diphtheria, Rabies, Cholera, Tuberculosis, chickenpox, Yellow Fever, Encephalitis, HPV, Whew!!! 

Many of these there is no 'treatment' for and several are deadly even when treated. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, 2500W/T said:

I hardly cough due to great health.  I am over half a century old and do not take a single medication.  My lab work always checks out perfect.

And if I do (cough and/or sneeze).... as a courtesy, always covered, is common sense and manners.

Well, this thread as many others on other forums, all boils down to the Masked Vs Un-Masked.  Kens/Karens Vs The People

Your really don't see the connection do you? 

Ken and Karen? So entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary? 

Interesting idea that you get to choose what is appropriate and necessary. 

You just said covering is 'common sense and manners and then say such is inappropriate and unnecessary. 

You sound.......confused.......??? Let me simplify it for you. Wear your mask! 

I got shoes older than you. :) 

It’s not even the masked vs the unmasked anymore. Masks, like them or not, are a given at this point. It doesn’t matter that they don’t seem to actually be working in practice. I never see anyone without them anywhere I go. Including myself.

Nowadays it’s the people who want to stop absolutely everything over this for the next two years -vs- the people with enough sense to see that none of this is sustainable, let alone necessary. It’s been overhyped to the moon for political reasons. China knew the idiotic media here would do their bidding, and boy they haven’t disappointed. Half the damn country is brainwashed into thinking that millions of Americans have already died, and that they are next if we don’t shut everything down and destroy ourselves to remain living.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Nowadays it’s the people who want to stop absolutely everything over this for the next two years -vs- the people with enough sense to see that none of this is sustainable, let alone necessary.

You can add the "let 'er rip" group to your categories.  The news  (and this thread) does like to capture the diversity in the politics of the virus!  People vs people only serves to take our sights off of the problem..   We can debate the strategies but our common enemy is the pandemic.    Total shutdowns are devastating and so is letting the virus run its course.  There are very basic steps that will drastically slow the spread that most of us learned in public school.  One type of defense, or inconsistent application of safe practices, will give minimal results.  We need to work together to get everyone(majority) following basic protocols.  (hand washing, social distancing, masks)  Simply carrying a mask for those times when required is not enough.  It is very difficult to see the rewards of people consistently practicing safe behavior when the virus has been allowed to take hold or when large numbers of people aren't adhering to safe practices..  When you're dealing with smaller numbers like where I live, a direct connection to non-compliance can usually be found (traced).  

One of the challenges of this virus is it can't be seen.  In my days as a a public school administrator I  often had to deal with a breakout of headlice.  Strategies to combat the problem were easier to implement because students could see and feel the enemy.  To carry the comparison further, it was far easier to combat a lice problem when it was reported in one classroom before it was allowed to spread throughout the school.  Once it was throughout the school the basic protocols still were key in bringing it under control.  You wouldn't find students giving up or challenging the efficacy of lice protocols!   

You can add the "let 'er rip" group to your categories.  The news  (and this thread) does like to capture the diversity in the politics of the virus!  People vs people only serves to take our sights off of the problem..   We can debate the strategies but our common enemy is the pandemic.    Total shutdowns are devastating and so is letting the virus run its course.  There are very basic steps that will drastically slow the spread that most of us learned in public school.  One type of defense, or inconsistent application of safe practices, will give minimal results.  We need to work together to get everyone(majority) following basic protocols.  (hand washing, social distancing, masks)  Simply carrying a mask for those times when required is not enough.  It is very difficult to see the rewards of people consistently practicing safe behavior when the virus has been allowed to take hold or when large numbers of people aren't adhering to safe practices..  When you're dealing with smaller numbers like where I live, a direct connection to non-compliance can usually be found (traced).  
One of the challenges of this virus is it can't be seen.  In my days as a a public school administrator I  often had to deal with a breakout of headlice.  Strategies to combat the problem were easier to implement because students could see and feel the enemy.  To carry the comparison further, it was far easier to combat a lice problem when it was reported in one classroom before it was allowed to spread throughout the school.  Once it was throughout the school the basic protocols still were key in bringing it under control.  You wouldn't find students giving up or challenging the efficacy of lice protocols!   

Of course no one is going to challenge lice protocol. It doesn’t destroy your way of life. Coronavirus or should I say the idea of this deadly virus is ruining this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So the Big12, SEC, and ACC are playing fall football.  And the Big10, Pac12, and BigEast are not.  The old red state vs blue state deal.  The fact that "swaying the election" was actually discussed in the Big10 meetings reaffirms the whole idea that it's really about the election, not about the pandemic.  There's a whole lotta people saying if Joe and the Ho win, on 4 NOV the pandemic will magically disappear and the mainstream liberal media will never discuss it again.  

• Like 1

I'm going to preface this with:  I wear my mask and believe it's got to be doing something for someone (myself or you), but this article about Kansas skewing the data is exactly why people don't trust the information that is being fed to them.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horowitz-kansas-health-officials-mislead-public-mask-effectiveness

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

My current mood

d737083c7eed160454113ef5457f83ef.jpg

75fcf81a6e5f1d4bc1df01f70094e1d8.jpg

Ryan B.

Yes, everyone is experiencing varying degrees of Covid fatigue which is even more reason for all of us to make a greater effort get it under control.  Another saying I've heard is, "When the going gets tough, quit."  ?   The virus isn't giving up.   We all have to live with the virus for now and anger, blame or apathy doesn't make it go away.  We all need to do our part and encourage everyone in our circle of influence to do the same.  Positive change can spread in a similar manner to the virus.   In my province, significant surges in covid cases on a given day can be traced to an activity or event that happened previously.  Conversely, declines are evident when the majority are doing their part to reduce the spread.  This is hard to recognize when numbers are huge but your continued contribution makes a difference!  

2 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

There's a whole lotta people saying if Joe and the Ho win, on 4 NOV the pandemic will magically disappear and the mainstream liberal media will never discuss it again.  

Maybe. I used to think that, but I’m reconsidering lately. These lefties are really enjoying the power to control our every move. I don’t see them handing it back any time soon. They may even get emboldened to take things even further after the election. If things go well for them.

The only real solution is every day people getting fed up and seeking out the truth. The simple statistics of this virus should set people free in a sane world. But some are brainwashed beyond reason.

• Like 1