Trading In Before 1 Year

22 minutes ago, smrr1 said:

Wow. I just looked back and saw the details here. Didn't you just buy that at4 the other day? Traded the white TB for the black AT4? I was thinking that was an awesome trade up for you. Now a denali a day later. Ouch that has got to hurt. Post up pics of the denali!!! A question i have always had for people that trade that fast is did you not notice the problem during the test drive or did you have tunnel vision for the 6.2/10? I own an AT4 myself but never drove the TB. Was there a difference between the TB and the AT4? Just curious. Also glad you are happy with the final outcome. Thats all that matters. 

Haha. It was just over 2 weeks actually. Didn't notice it on the test drive, maybe blinded by the excitement of the upgrades? Trail Boss was great, just mentioned the luxury difference, and my Chevy was the 5.3 w/ 8-spd. The next day after I bought the AT4 was when I noticed the issues it had. Yes, it did hurt, but you've got to love what you drive!

60695862123__DF726CC8-0DA6-48BD-91B5-D06732547E59.jpeg

Edited by Gthompson

For the original post, the dealers I spoke with today during my trade won't give you both the $6500 GM rebate and the 0% together. You have to choose one of those. They have to make their money somewhere! If you do manage to get both, please don't post it on here or I'm going to feel like an idiot!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gthompson said:

Haha. It was just over 2 weeks actually. Didn't notice it on the test drive, maybe blinded by the excitement of the upgrades? Trail Boss was great, just mentioned the luxury difference and my Chevy was the 5.3 w/ 8-spd. The next day after I bought it was when I noticed the issues it had. Yes, it did hurt, but you've got to love what you drive!

60695862123__DF726CC8-0DA6-48BD-91B5-D06732547E59.jpeg

Well you got another great looking truck. Your neighbors have to feel like mine. I have owned 42 vehicles over the years. I really like the color matched flares. I hope this one stays good!!!

I am looking to do same right now......I have 2019 RST 1500 I bought back in august....no issues I just need a 2500 or would like one for payload...... no deals at the time and always had 1500

my RST stickered for 48k and change....bought for 35k and change, current trade in value is 30-35k most likely gonna be lower end I am assuming....the new one is discounted heavily (supposedly) so I am sure ill eat some of it for sure and granted this isn't final....if they try to change the deal or if it starts going sideways ill just keep my truck

the reason I bought new in first place is because I couldn't find used truck priced accordingly at the time....even 2 yr old models wanted 38k in some cases....

the shitty thing is in California no tax credit so ill have to pay it again.....its not a matter of if ill take a hit its how much, but if they sell me the 2500 for what they said ill be happy....its basically same truck just 2500 ( lil better interior on new one)...I didn't check door sticker but think its been sitting awhile and its not a popular selling model for 2500

another thing is I don't have to worry about getting back into my old hoopty, lol.....I have to refi anyway so either this or refi and the bit of extra time on loans now wouldn't hurt......but yeah I don't expect to walk away without a hit its just how much, and if its too much I will walk away.....

would be nice to have the payload and bucket seats again but not an absolute......so well see

Edited by Dunn

You want to (at first) ignore the payments/finance method and find out how may dollars they want to change year for year.

If you can live with the $ per year/month/mile (which ever method you prefer to compare) then figure out how you want to finance. 

Dealers always want you to tell them how much per month is your budget -- but that gets you to ignore the 'difference in value'.  

The vehicle market doesn't care what you paid for a vehicle, it only cares what similar vehicles sell for today.  

2 minutes ago, Carson214 said:

Need to see the other side of the paper work to believe it.That side might say 40 for trade but what does the other side say?Looks like your hiding something?

Conspiracy theorist! Who's buying this vehicle? BMoney or Carson?

That is a broad quote, they have all those blank lines that usually start with MSRP, rebates, dealer fee, tax, etc., to lead you to that dollar amount. I'd want to see it all broken out. I would expect that type of quote from JimBob's used car lot!

as far the loan term anyone can dictate that however they choose really...I would take rebates if they are significant....if you do qualify for 0% than surely you can get 2 or 3% from credit union....its nice to have a buffer sometimes especially now but can always refi and change the terms or make dbl payments to lower principle......full pop at 0% doesn't make sense to me but I wouldn't qualify anyway.....had a colorful life to put it mildly, lol

9 minutes ago, Carson214 said:

Lmao there is no way they paid 40k for a vehicle you paid 41,900 drove for 8 months and then traded it in for 40k.Aint going to happen show is the other side of the paperwork?

I paid 41,500 (part of that was a 4k conquest trade for a Ford F150) for a 2019 Trail Boss, drove it for 1 year and put 11,500 miles on it. I got 39k in trade in credit (other brands offered 37k, but GM can sell it certified and extend the warranty). That truck is sitting on the lot listed for 44,500

https://www.crowngmcbuick.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_LT_Trail_Boss-Saint_Petersburg-FL/4207890593

Edited by Gthompson

3 minutes ago, Dunn said:

as far the loan term anyone can dictate that however they choose really...I would take rebates if they are significant....if you do qualify for 0% than surely you can get 2 or 3% from credit union....its nice to have a buffer sometimes especially now but can always refi and change the terms or make dbl payments to lower principle......full pop at 0% doesn't make sense to me but I wouldn't qualify anyway.....had a colorful life to put it mildly, lol

Exactly. Take the $6500 GM rebates over the 0% and just go finance through your own bank or use GM Financial (if they're offering an extra 1 or 2k off) then refinance in 6 months once you've met their minimum obligation. 

1 hour ago, Gthompson said:

I'm glad you got a good one. I wonder if your location, or the configuration (since you mentioned duratracs), changes where it is assembled or manufactured? All of the ones sold here in this area seem to come with 20s and the less aggressive tires, which include all of the ones that I test drove, and the one I bought. Not to get too far into it, but I was researching this stuff every night for the last couple weeks! I think maybe someone is rolling out some bad ones. My Trail Boss definitely didn't have any suspension noise and it's the same suspension setup. Anyway, not for this thread and not for me to worry about anymore. I still love the look of the AT4s the most! Glad you're enjoying it!

Sorry for taking the thread off topic!

Colorado, and truck was made in Mexico.  Assembly precision is less than perfect, particularly the bed alignment, but the ride, drivetrain, waterproofness - all great ?

I don't understand why someone buys an AT4 w/ 20" wheels.  I like taller rubber and actually go off road.  But of course, to each his own.

7 minutes ago, 453030 said:

Colorado, and truck was made in Mexico.  Assembly precision is less than perfect, particularly the bed alignment, but the ride, drivetrain, waterproofness - all great ?

I don't understand why someone buys an AT4 w/ 20" wheels.  I like taller rubber and actually go off road.  But of course, to each his own.

Your location is probably very different than mine! You buy an AT4 with 20" wheels when you just want to look cool! And a 2" inch lift gives just that much more viewing angle when looking over traffic. The only way I could find dirt would be to pull off the shoulder of the highway or to drive through my neighbor's yard!

Edited by Gthompson

1 hour ago, Carson214 said:

Need to see the other side of the paper work to believe it.That side might say 40 for trade but what does the other side say?Looks like your hiding something?

Not hiding anything. I just wanted to make sure you saw the 40k for trade well enough since you don’t believe it. Look, My father in law is a GM at a large ford dealer. Obviously I didn’t buy it from there but I have a lot of experiences with deals and how the industry works these days. Your claims of a dealer having to sell it for 45000 are not accurate anymore. They make money in doc fees and moving a “unit” in which GM gives them a credit for. It’s all about moving your lot and monthly timing. They listed my trade at 42900. If they sell it for 41000 plus what GM gives them that’s a 2k day for the dealer. Simple math. You will get no more of that sticker because it has my info on it. Good luck moving forward. 

• Like 1