Cargo Bed Organizer

Brought home a 2020 Sierra yesterday, upgraded from a 2003 Ram 1500 I had for 17 years.

Found out my bed gate is way to small for the new truck and the bungee net I had, for lack of a better term, is just plain stupid.

I'm looking for something nice (and ideally not $300 for a new gate) that basically stops groceries from sliding all the way forward, and easily removes and stows away in case we need use of the full bed on a whim because my wife doesn't plan things out as much as I do.

too small

Bed_Cargo_Gate.jpg

too stupid

Bed_Cargo_Net.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kevin0311 said:

2x8 or 10 and use the pockets, how i keep gas cans in the back, take out when need the whole bed

Just saw those pockets built into the bed, measured the back at 72 and the front at 71. Then I measured the bed length, couldn't believe they won't fit for storage when not installed, the bed is wider than it is long. I keep forgetting that coming from that old Ram with the 76 inch bed. Guess I could make them in 3 pieces so they break down, can't think of a way to hinge it and still be sturdy enough to stay in place.

Edited by Coastie

Put in at angle when needed to carry but not have installed or use upper groves to keep board up in storage I use 2x8 and cut notches for string trimmers to keep out of the elements under tonneau.

Here's a cargo net they say fits your bed...Bed Cargo Net with GMC Logo

Another thought...If you're eventually going to be getting a bed cover/Tonneau cover, you might look at the Roll N Lock retractable covers. I have their M Series, and their Cargo Manager. The Cargo Manager looks a lot like your old one, but this one attaches to the bed cover rails and rolls back and forth, with the ability to lock it in different positions.

I really like mine, and it looks like you keep your pickups a long time like I do, so spreading out the cost of the tonneau cover and cargo manager over 16 years...makes the initial cash outlay a bit more palatable.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, Coastie said:

Brought home a 2020 Sierra yesterday, upgraded from a 2003 Ram 1500 I had for 17 years.

Found out my bed gate is way to small for the new truck and the bungee net I had, for lack of a better term, is just plain stupid.

I'm looking for something nice (and ideally not $300 for a new gate) that basically stops groceries from sliding all the way forward, and easily removes and stows away in case we need use of the full bed on a whim because my wife doesn't plan things out as much as I do.

too small

Bed_Cargo_Gate.jpg

too stupid

Bed_Cargo_Net.jpg

As someone said before, a ratcheting cargo bar works good.

If you plan on adding a bed cover, look into a roll-n-lock. The make a cargo divider similar to the one you have that works with the cover, slides and rotates out of the way.

• Like 1