Whats out there to clean bugs off front and mirrors?

Your average 1500 PSI pressure washer from Home Depot isn't going to hurt your paint, unless you literally start beating on your truck with the end of the gun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have a 2020 but I just soak the splatter in soapy water or use window cleaner. Like with bird droppings, keep it wet when you wipe it and you won't scratch the paint or anything. If anything is damaged it will be for the massive bugs that have a tough exoskeleton and it leaves a little dimple on the plastic painted parts.

A pressure washer is fine just don't use the pencil shaped pattern, always use a fan spray on it so you don't concentrate the pressure on one tiny spot and you will be safe.

• Like 1

McKee's 37 Road Kill Bug Scrubber:  https://www.mckees37.com/bug-sponge1.html

The best part about this scrubber is that you don't have to wet the whole front of the truck to clean bugs.   I just soak this scrubber in a bucket of water with a little window cleaner and once bugs are removed, just wipe truck dry with a microfiber.

We are just finishing up the love bug season here.

We know bugs in South Louisiana.?

• Like 1

Those bug foam sprays seem to do a good job.  They seem to have the same consistency as goof off but DONT know if thats a good idea!

sometimes bug foam remover is the only trick that works for me. ??‍♂️.   Tip, dont wash your car or dry it in the sun when you do this.  Make sure its washed away too

• Like 1

Park the truck in the shade. Wet the front end down. Spray on some Wesley's Bleach White. Let it work for a couple of minutes and the rub it with a wet mircrofiber towel. Make sure to wash all traces of the Westley's off with soapy water.

Bugs are highly acidic. Westley's is high alkaline. Westley's neutralizes the acid in the bugs and they come off.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

A wet drier sheet. Bounce them bugs. 

This is what I have been using for years on my truck camper also, it's the most inexpensive best kept secret ever!

• Like 1

This works well, they make great glass cleaner too.

91154cn10_cd.jpg

I had a 2006 Chrysler Sebring a long time ago, went down a rural road that had just been treated with tar, I had tar clear up to the door handles. Used 4 cans of this to get it all off.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CRApex said:

Just put your wife to work with a product called Elbow Grease.

I tried this.

Told the wife, "You know how expensive a paint job is?"

Her reply was, "You know how expensive DIVORCE is?" 

:omg:

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...