Is this forum dying?

O_J_Simpson

On 8/12/2020 at 9:00 PM, sharkeysierra said:

Part of any forum is you get one style of the vehicle and even though there is different taste, that one style prevails over all. Then, those with different taste are shunned out.. perfect example of another comment on here was “big stupid wheels and lift”, while I do not agree with some modifications that people do, it is their taste and money and they are proud just as someone whom post a stock AT4 (this forums majority it seems). 

I am a member of SilveradoSierra, about 2 or 3 years ago the majority of threads were “level kit and 33s/35s” look at me and look at this when it looked exactly the same as the first 100 people that did those mods and the next 100 after. But those threads would get the most comments and views. Their TOTM was that of the same style of mod, level and 33/35. And then.... you would get comments from noobs/oldies about “will this fit?” When a search would show that jimmy from 5 minutes earlier posted on a thread that would say it fits.

The ads on this forum doesn’t help, the mobile version doesn’t help and is confusing to someone who has never been here. 

Actual builds are not the same as they were 5 or 10 years ago. Now builds are tires/wheels that you can find on any street corner/window tint/stickers/badges/exhaust/intake and then labeled as “fully built”. “Builds” nowadays are all the same just a different owner or color of vehicle.  

I have been on forums for the past 10 years, and it’s all the same. If you do not fall into the forum mold, you are ignored/bullied out because you are different. People forget that difference is what makes the enthusiast. 

So here is a thought, Maybe do different types, or category of vehicle each month I don't know just trying to help

Edited by Lurchenstein

So here is a thought, Maybe do different types, or category of vehicle each month I don't know just trying to help
That didn't work [emoji24]
Free for all might though .
Check out the new totm where it usually is.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What about just a general Show off your truck topic?  They have "Post photos of your ...." in the various sections, but one about one general section where you can show off your GM truck be it a 83 S-10 or a 2021 Tahoe. 

What about just a general Show off your truck topic?  They have "Post photos of your ...." in the various sections, but one about one general section where you can show off your GM truck be it a 83 S-10 or a 2021 Tahoe. 

Nothing stopping anyone from creating this type of topic

Ryan B.

12 hours ago, Colossus said:

I like this idea i was going to ask if there was anything against it, in the year specific threads?

I like this idea i was going to ask if there was anything against it, in the year specific threads?

Hmmm [emoji848] let me look into if it can be linked to multiple threads need to get on my PC. I have done this in the old software

Give me some time to investigate

Ryan B.

• 5 weeks later...

I hadn't seen this thread. Ultimately, I spend less time in general on the forum because I spent so much back in the day, in a way.

When I got my 2006, I spent a lot of time getting it 'perfect' for the long haul. This site is a great resource, and obviously most of the members at the time owned GMT800s. Any upgrade you could think of had a thread. I've now owned the 2006 for over 9 years thanks to the info from the site. It has been a great vehicle, and much of that is thanks to info from here. Most members who still have 800s are done with the fun stuff and are just driving them.

Ultimately, I have no interest in newer GM vehicles other than pure curiosity. They don't seem to be very reliable, and the only repetitive issue I had on my 2006 seems to be replicated (and worse) on some T1's (lookin at you, Service 4x4 [emoji23]). At the end of the day, there isn't a single segment in the car market I would pick a GM for. The competition is simply better. Things have changed, hell, FCA has the best transmission in multiple segments [emoji1787] (ZF8).

The 2006's replacement will probably be a Tundra. It is US made, has a big, reliable V8 with no AFM/DOD, and has been in production long enough that parts are cheap, even with the low production volume. I know it is low tech, but I want a pickup that will easily make 200,000 miles, and I have the most confidence in the Tundra to do that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hadn't seen this thread. Ultimately, I spend less time in general on the forum because I spent so much back in the day, in a way.

When I got my 2006, I spent a lot of time getting it 'perfect' for the long haul. This site is a great resource, and obviously most of the members at the time owned GMT800s. Any upgrade you could think of had a thread. I've now owned the 2006 for over 9 years thanks to the info from the site. It has been a great vehicle, and much of that is thanks to info from here. Most members who still have 800s are done with the fun stuff and are just driving them.

Ultimately, I have no interest in newer GM vehicles other than pure curiosity. They don't seem to be very reliable, and the only repetitive issue I had on my 2006 seems to be replicated (and worse) on some T1's (lookin at you, Service 4x4 [emoji23]). At the end of the day, there isn't a single segment in the car market I would pick a GM for. The competition is simply better. Things have changed, hell, FCA has the best transmission in multiple segments [emoji1787] (ZF8).

The 2006's replacement will probably be a Tundra. It is US made, has a big, reliable V8 with no AFM/DOD, and has been in production long enough that parts are cheap, even with the low production volume. I know it is low tech, but I want a pickup that will easily make 200,000 miles, and I have the most confidence in the Tundra to do that.

There’s still good older trucks to be found that are in decent shape. I see them regularly. I have one. As long as it looks good I’ll drive it. Probably less than 10K miles a year. If I wasn’t retired I’d buy a new like I did every two years around 100-120 K miles. I’d probably lean towards Toyota because they haven’t messed with the thing too much. Unless I could get a GM so much cheaper that extended warranty would cover the difference . It’s been the reason I did stay with GM for the last several new rides. I know a few people that have switched to Rams. They have been happy with them. I was pretty much the only person in my world driving GMs. Most my customers drove 3/4 tons usually Fords. They were rode hard and kept going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 6:37 PM, O_J_Simpson said:

Remember when this place was the shitz. Now everyone is gone. Pages and ads load way too slow. Hardly any activity. I guess banned, left for greener pastures or what ever. No more TOTM? No more good inside info on what's coming out soon. Time to refresh the look that killed the traffic and move to faster servers if you want to save this place. We have to do something. Time to hit the inner city and scream "SAVE GM-TRUCKS.COM" as we riot and loot.

You asked:  :crackup:

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 11:54 AM, kstruckcountry said:

Ultimately, I have no interest in newer GM vehicles other than pure curiosity. They don't seem to be very reliable, and the only repetitive issue I had on my 2006 seems to be replicated (and worse) on some T1's (lookin at you, Service 4x4 emoji23.png). At the end of the day, there isn't a single segment in the car market I would pick a GM for. The competition is simply better. Things have changed, hell, FCA has the best transmission in multiple segments emoji1787.png (ZF8).

How many miles on your 2006?

Too many personal attacks on this forum. Just like the zoo the outside world has become. We each have our own opinion. If you don't agree with mine, that's fine. State your opinion and back it up with facts that may help change my mind.

There was a guy named ___slow on here that was constantly helping others and gave tons of useful information freely. His typing skills sometimes made reading his posts a challenge but once you got to know his style the information was very honest and useful. Then folks started the personal attacks about everything he posted and he left this forum for other forums. 

I hope they appreciate him on the other forums. I sure miss him here. 

• Thanks 1