Is this forum dying?

O_J_Simpson

8 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Little help on the ad blockers?

For Google Chrome is was straight forward. I searched "add blockers for google chrome" Adblock Plus was among the hits. Did a quick search for safety. Then followed the link to install. BOOM! 

• Like 1

I came here to learn and kill time.

Being I don't do mods and my truck is getting older, not a lot of posts about, for my year.

I do ignore threads that are poorly written or lack proper English composition. This seems to be growing.

:)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

I’m only on one forum. I joined to learn about my 14 GMC. I wanted to learn about all new technology I wasn’t familiar with. 

Ditto on the first half. Needed a place to learn about the new technology but came to love it and kept it. Still learning.

Not just about the truck but people and myself as well.

Pretty good mirror. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

For Google Chrome is was straight forward. I searched "add blockers for google chrome" Adblock Plus was among the hits. Did a quick search for safety. Then followed the link to install. BOOM! 

Does it do a good job?

Easily manageable?

6 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Does it do a good job?

Easily manageable?

It was instant and clean. Took less that five seconds from hitting install.  Nothing to manage and yea, not a single add so far. The 'read' on the product says it will allow certain approved adds but I haven't seen one yet. You can remove it if you don't like it by hitting that far right button on your tool bar (three vertical dots) then settings then extensions then delete Adblock Plus. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear

23 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It was instant and clean. Took less that five seconds from hitting install.  Nothing to manage and yea, not a single add so far. The 'read' on the product says it will allow certain approved adds but I haven't seen one yet. You can remove it if you don't like it buy hitting that far right button on your tool bar (three vertical dots) then settings then extensions then delete Adblock Plus. 

WOW

Thanks Grumpy.

Simple.

Works.

• Thanks 1

Forums have taken a hit because of Facebook groups. But, I'm on two groups for 2014-18 GM trucks and they're full of morons. If you want pictures of giant wheels with stretched tires, sign up. If you want real advice, come here. haha

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I am new to the forum, but start doing it again. bring back truck of the month. I used to be a Subaru guy and a Honda guy and they do things like regional meets and things like that. Hell Jeep guys all wave at one another. instead of asking if it has died and bumming around change it. i know it is easier said then done but with no effort it will not get any better. I for one will try to help bring it back and do what I can to show new people that we love our trucks and are proud of what we have. Even if you have another car or truck that is your main hobby.             Sorry if I have overstepped

It was active again for a few months. dieselfan1 was handling it. I think with summer and Covid it's kinda got lost. But here is the deal........ people have to participate! The interest in TOTM has dropped off from what it was years back

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/238378-the-official-truck-of-the-month-may-2020-tow-rigs/?tab=comments#comment-2422692

Edited by txab
  • Like 1

It was active again for a few months. dieselfan1 was handling it. I think with summer and Covid it's kinda got lost. But here is the deal........ people have to participate! The interest in TOTM has dropped off from what it was years back

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/238378-the-official-truck-of-the-month-may-2020-tow-rigs/?tab=comments#comment-2422692
Hey Guys,
The last month we had like 6 entries. That's kind of why I gave it up.
I'm ready to do it again. No big deal.
Need to have more than 6 guys enter to make it worthwhile though or it's just dumb.

The category deal (Red truck month or work trucks)made it tough to enter if your truck didn't match the category.
Here's the only way it will work.
Free for All. Anything goes.
2014-2019 LD's(1500's) only as before.
No T1's , No 2500's .

When do you want to start?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Part of any forum is you get one style of the vehicle and even though there is different taste, that one style prevails over all. Then, those with different taste are shunned out.. perfect example of another comment on here was “big stupid wheels and lift”, while I do not agree with some modifications that people do, it is their taste and money and they are proud just as someone whom post a stock AT4 (this forums majority it seems). 

I am a member of SilveradoSierra, about 2 or 3 years ago the majority of threads were “level kit and 33s/35s” look at me and look at this when it looked exactly the same as the first 100 people that did those mods and the next 100 after. But those threads would get the most comments and views. Their TOTM was that of the same style of mod, level and 33/35. And then.... you would get comments from noobs/oldies about “will this fit?” When a search would show that jimmy from 5 minutes earlier posted on a thread that would say it fits.

The ads on this forum doesn’t help, the mobile version doesn’t help and is confusing to someone who has never been here. 

Actual builds are not the same as they were 5 or 10 years ago. Now builds are tires/wheels that you can find on any street corner/window tint/stickers/badges/exhaust/intake and then labeled as “fully built”. “Builds” nowadays are all the same just a different owner or color of vehicle.  

I have been on forums for the past 10 years, and it’s all the same. If you do not fall into the forum mold, you are ignored/bullied out because you are different. People forget that difference is what makes the enthusiast. 

• Like 2

What adds.  Just get an adblocker on your browser.  But forums might follow the same path that chat rooms and myspace and facebook and twitter are starting to do...  popular for a time, but then popularity falls off and people find other things to do. 

Silverado Sierra is a bunch of kids with 10-15 year old trucks. Mostly junk. There are a few with nice new stuff but not many. Even less that have the balls to do a big lift on a new truck. Or a engine build. I'm talking big buck builds. Not a CAI and a flowmaster exhaust. If you don't fit into the level with 33's and black wheels mold they berate you. That's fine with me, they need a place too.
Ooo look at my tow mirrors, or my schitty ass eBay headlights

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2