Is this forum dying?

O_J_Simpson

Remember when this place was the shitz. Now everyone is gone. Pages and ads load way too slow. Hardly any activity. I guess banned, left for greener pastures or what ever. No more TOTM? No more good inside info on what's coming out soon. Time to refresh the look that killed the traffic and move to faster servers if you want to save this place. We have to do something. Time to hit the inner city and scream "SAVE GM-TRUCKS.COM" as we riot and loot.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Agreed. These ads are obnoxious and actually block viewing of notifications. 

-Signed: a lifetime supporting member who assumed being a supporting member meant not seeing ads. ?

• Like 3

Maybe for once being old,slow, and a tech ignoramus has at least one benefit. I'm still using Windows 7 on my desktop with Norton anti-virus and ad-blocker and I never see any ads on this forum. Google and Facebook are another story, but those are multi-billion dollar companies with the resources to defeat ad-blockers that the owners of this forum can only lust for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Remember when this place was the shitz. Now everyone is gone. Pages and ads load way too slow. Hardly any activity. I guess banned, left for greener pastures or what ever. No more TOTM? No more good inside info on what's coming out soon. Time to refresh the look that killed the traffic and move to faster servers if you want to save this place. We have to do something. Time to hit the inner city and scream "SAVE GM-TRUCKS.COM" as we riot and loot.

Ad blockers handle the ads for me.

TOTM.   https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/238378-the-official-truck-of-the-month-may-2020-tow-rigs/?tab=comments#comment-2422692

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Maybe they've all gone over to gmfullsize.

Or got the virus and died.

Or just have nothing constructive to add.

Or run out of mods.

Couldn't pay me enough to visit that place and post on a regular basis.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I belong to 6 online forums. Some have less traffic.

The one constant in life, things change.

:)

Edited by diyer2

11 hours ago, garagerog said:

Maybe for once being old,slow, and a tech ignoramus has at least one benefit. I'm still using Windows 7 on my desktop with Norton anti-virus and ad-blocker and I never see any ads on this forum. Google and Facebook are another story, but those are multi-billion dollar companies with the resources to defeat ad-blockers that the owners of this forum can only lust for.

look up fbpurity for facebook ?

I’m only on one forum. I joined to learn about my 14 GMC. I wanted to learn about all new technology I wasn’t familiar with. It was an impulse buy because of the price. I usually to a ton of research before I buy, I didn’t with that one. I grew to hate the technology and sold it. After a few years it does gets repetitive, same old same old. Every now and then something new pops up to keep it interesting. The most fun is reading some posts from people who are never wrong about anything, just ask them. The cherry picking stats to fit their point of view is amusing at times. Like everything in life get your information from multiple sources. If anything brings that to light just look at what we’re going through with this virus. Don’t even get me started on all this ( peaceful )demonstrations of late. Of course a thread like that wouldn’t last on this website. Soooo how about that muffler?

• Like 2