Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

O_J_Simpson

Is this forum dying?

Recommended Posts

Remember when this place was the shitz. Now everyone is gone. Pages and ads load way too slow. Hardly any activity. I guess banned, left for greener pastures or what ever. No more TOTM? No more good inside info on what's coming out soon. Time to refresh the look that killed the traffic and move to faster servers if you want to save this place. We have to do something. Time to hit the inner city and scream "SAVE GM-TRUCKS.COM" as we riot and loot.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps we've outgrown you? 

:rollin:

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed. These ads are obnoxious and actually block viewing of notifications. 
 

-Signed: a lifetime supporting member who assumed being a supporting member meant not seeing ads. 🙃

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe for once being old,slow, and a tech ignoramus has at least one benefit. I'm still using Windows 7 on my desktop with Norton anti-virus and ad-blocker and I never see any ads on this forum. Google and Facebook are another story, but those are multi-billion dollar companies with the resources to defeat ad-blockers that the owners of this forum can only lust for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they've all gone over to gmfullsize.

Or got the virus and died.

Or just have nothing constructive to add.

Or run out of mods.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Remember when this place was the shitz. Now everyone is gone. Pages and ads load way too slow. Hardly any activity. I guess banned, left for greener pastures or what ever. No more TOTM? No more good inside info on what's coming out soon. Time to refresh the look that killed the traffic and move to faster servers if you want to save this place. We have to do something. Time to hit the inner city and scream "SAVE GM-TRUCKS.COM" as we riot and loot.

Ad blockers handle the ads for me.

 

TOTM.   https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/238378-the-official-truck-of-the-month-may-2020-tow-rigs/?tab=comments#comment-2422692

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, txab said:

Ad blockers handle the ads for me.

 

 

Done and Dun. Thanks txab!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM Trucks MATTER!!!

 

Too early???

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Maybe they've all gone over to gmfullsize.

Or got the virus and died.

Or just have nothing constructive to add.

Or run out of mods.

 

 

Couldn't pay me enough to visit that place and post on a regular basis.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.thumb.png.4dbbb2bfc2ce86228acdcd33640a742c.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I belong to 6 online forums. Some have less traffic.

The one constant in life, things change.

 

:)

 

Edited by diyer2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, garagerog said:

Maybe for once being old,slow, and a tech ignoramus has at least one benefit. I'm still using Windows 7 on my desktop with Norton anti-virus and ad-blocker and I never see any ads on this forum. Google and Facebook are another story, but those are multi-billion dollar companies with the resources to defeat ad-blockers that the owners of this forum can only lust for.

look up fbpurity for facebook 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facebook.

No way.

:)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m only on one forum. I joined to learn about my 14 GMC. I wanted to learn about all new technology I wasn’t familiar with. It was an impulse buy because of the price. I usually to a ton of research before I buy, I didn’t with that one. I grew to hate the technology and sold it. After a few years it does gets repetitive, same old same old. Every now and then something new pops up to keep it interesting. The most fun is reading some posts from people who are never wrong about anything, just ask them. The cherry picking stats to fit their point of view is amusing at times. Like everything in life get your information from multiple sources. If anything brings that to light just look at what we’re going through with this virus. Don’t even get me started on all this ( peaceful )demonstrations of late. Of course a thread like that wouldn’t last on this website. Soooo how about that muffler?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.