I bought a new  LTZ, with the 20” aluminum wheels. 3 of the 4 are damaged, and was documented by the dealer when I bought the truck. The dealer sent the pics into GM and they denied the warranty claim, basically saying it isn’t their problem. The dealer is now reaching out to their local GM rep. A $65k truck bought new you expect to be flawless. Has anyone dealt with GM denying a claim? Any luck escalating beyond GM customer assistance?

I wouldnt have left with the truck. Would have asked for a loaner or a different truck. If 3 wheels are messed up then I can imagine what you can't see thats messed up.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

On 6/25/2020 at 10:42 PM, Cmillerjr said:

I bought a new  LTZ, with the 20” aluminum wheels. 3 of the 4 are damaged, and was documented by the dealer when I bought the truck. The dealer sent the pics into GM and they denied the warranty claim, basically saying it isn’t their problem. The dealer is now reaching out to their local GM rep. A $65k truck bought new you expect to be flawless. Has anyone dealt with GM denying a claim? Any luck escalating beyond GM customer assistance?

Curb rash or what is the issue?  Pics would help.   If it was curbed by someone during a test drive, i can understand why GM would deny a warranty claim.  No different, in that scenario, than backing into a pole and asking gm to cover the bumper under warranty.

Probably would've told them to swap them from another truck before it left the lot. If they didn't make a claim on arrival, it would've been their loss. Now that you left with it, Hopefully they stick to their verbal contract if you didn't get something documented. Otherwise...

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/27/2020 at 9:05 AM, CRApex said:

Curb rash or what is the issue?  Pics would help.   If it was curbed by someone during a test drive, i can understand why GM would deny a warranty claim.  No different, in that scenario, than backing into a pole and asking gm to cover the bumper under warranty.

Definitely not curb rash. Looks precise, like a tire machine. Which would have been done at the factory. 

5EC56012-032C-43A2-8403-8FC692383CC0.jpeg

6A601728-A22F-4EED-9626-06E6F41A46E8.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Cmillerjr said:

Definitely not curb rash. Looks precise, like a tire machine. Which would have been done at the factory. 

5EC56012-032C-43A2-8403-8FC692383CC0.jpeg

6A601728-A22F-4EED-9626-06E6F41A46E8.jpeg

Do they have an automated car wash? A lot of those will leave that mark when rolling through their tracks.

It's a tire machine mark. Been there. Local independent tire store did it to rims when mounting new tires. I called the tire machine manufacturer and was told an improperly adjusted machine or poorly trained operator.

:)

That's damaged? I was expecting nicks, chips or something else not caused by a something rubber brushing up against it. I wouldn't even think twice about that as I will get a ton more wear and tear just using it as a truck. Sounds like you needed to spend a little more as 65k wasn't enough to guarantee a "damaged" free wheel. Might want to see if they will give you a new truck or lemon law it, that might solve it? 

Tyler 

6 hours ago, amxguy1970 said:

That's damaged? I was expecting nicks, chips or something else not caused by a something rubber brushing up against it. I wouldn't even think twice about that as I will get a ton more wear and tear just using it as a truck. Sounds like you needed to spend a little more as 65k wasn't enough to guarantee a "damaged" free wheel. Might want to see if they will give you a new truck or lemon law it, that might solve it? 

Tyler 

Not sure if your being sarcastic or not when you buy something new, you expect it to be free of any damage. If I scratch it that’s fine, but it shouldn’t come that way.