zone offroad 6.5 kit - what to replace

Adding a zone 6.5 inch lift on my 2014 sierra. It has roughly 135k miles on engine. I just replaced front struts and sway bar links (even though kit comes with new links)..realized that after fact. I have steel cast control arms and curious what I should replace? A lot of people on facebook suggest the congnito or zone upper control arms but they are $500 just for the set. I was wondering if I could replace just the ball joints/tie rod ends when I install kit and then down the road replace UCA's with cognito...or is the stock cast steel control arm and ball joint all one piece? Meaning i cant just replace the ball joint? Just looking for some feedback and suggestions. i will have my son in truck a lot so that is why i want to be extra sure I have a solid front end.

Any feedback, your pictures of 6.5 inch lifts, and experience with maintenance is appreciated. Been awhile since i posted on here!!

Don't keep the stock UCA'S. I recommend Kryptonite UCA's.

$500, lifetime warranty, replaceable ball joints. I  run a 9" McGaughys lift and had to replace the stock UCA'S because they just don't work on a big lift. Cognitos are very similar in construction and quality.

IMG_20200703_065321.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Don't keep the stock UCA'S. I recommend Kryptonite UCA's.

$500, lifetime warranty, replaceable ball joints. I  run a 9" McGaughys lift and had to replace the stock UCA'S because they just don't work on a big lift. Cognitos are very similar in construction and quality.

IMG_20200703_065321.jpg

I will check then our. I was thinking zone or cognito also. I was told NOT to get a uni ball uca unless I want to grease it every week