Bridgestone vs Goodyear tires?

Which tires are better on the new 1500's?  I currently have a 2019 with the goodyear wrangler fortitude HT tires and 18" aluminum rims.  I am looking to get into an RST and contemplating trying to get the Bridgestones with 20" rims.  The two tone looking rims.  Anyway, is there a difference in quality/ride, etc from these two tires?  Which one is a better tire.  I assume more sidewall is a good thing though?

I have the 20 inch Bridgestone Dueler all terrain tires on my 2020 Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab short box Z-71. And even though I only have 800 miles on them. They are very quiet on the highway. They are good in the rain. And they actually are not that bad on highway on-ramp and exit ramps cornering wise. As long as you maintain your wits. 

• Like 1

I have the Goodyear's...through 3800 miles, I have no complaints. Good in the rain and when towing our camper no issues either. A co-worker has the Bridgestone's on his and he has the same opinions I do. Guess I'm not much help in the battle of which is better. Not sure if this is accurate but mine was built in Ft. Wayne and came with Goodyear's...his was built in Mexico and came with the Bridgestone's. Not sure if that's how the trucks end up with one over the other but good possibility.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrtizzom said:

I have the Goodyear's...through 3800 miles, I have no complaints. Good in the rain and when towing our camper no issues either. A co-worker has the Bridgestone's on his and he has the same opinions I do. Guess I'm not much help in the battle of which is better. Not sure if this is accurate but mine was built in Ft. Wayne and came with Goodyear's...his was built in Mexico and came with the Bridgestone's. Not sure if that's how the trucks end up with one over the other but good possibility.

My 2019 was built in Mexico and came with the Goodyears.  Lol I don't understand how each truck gets which wheels and tires.  Maybe tied to certain options or maybe it's own option I am thinking.  Sounds so far that either tire should be fine.  Mostly highway/city driving for me.  Thanks! 

It isn't the tire that confuses me. It's the thinking about tires. Anyone run Snow tires year around? How long is winter in the areas were snow tires are needed? But guys like to run AT's and mud tires year around when most of them spend less total miles off road than a snow tire. Sometimes none at all. I've never heard anyone ever say that an AT is better on snow and ice than a snow tire. This MUST be a situation where appearance, image, trumps utility? :dunno:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

It isn't the tire that confuses me. It's the thinking about tires. Anyone run Snow tires year around? How long is winter in the areas were snow tires are needed? But guys like to run AT's and mud tires year around when most of them spend less total miles off road than a snow tire. Sometimes none at all. I've never heard anyone ever say that an AT is better on snow and ice than a snow tire. This MUST be a situation where appearance, image, trumps utility? :dunno:

I'm in Texas (San Antonio).  We don't get any snow here at all lol.  Winter tires are literally not a thing here.  Didn't even know it was a thing until my mid 20's when I started looking into new vehicles lol.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Philipgonzales3 said:

I'm in Texas (San Antonio).  We don't get any snow here at all lol.  Winter tires are literally not a thing here.  Didn't even know it was a thing until my mid 20's when I started looking into new vehicles lol.  

:lol: When you get to be old like me Philip and you travel more you will see all sorts of strange and wonderful sights and have some equally strange experiences. I once followed a Semi into a corn field in Nebraska during a white out blizzard we got caught in. In a Ford Granada no less. Quite a ride. I was just following dim tail lights looking for a way off I 80. Well I got of I 80 alright :crackup:About 200 hundred yards off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

275R60/20. I'm just finishing up a set of Bridgestone Duller 684 II HT that have been flawless with proper care and now with just under 5/32 tread remaining have dated out at 125,000 trouble free miles. As good as they have been I''m going to try a crossover tire (SUV) and see if I can get a bit more comfort. Pirelli SCORPION VERDE ALL SEASON PLUS II. 

That Bridgestone, however is a solid performer. Keep it cross rotated and balance once in a while and watch those tire pressures. They will exceed your expectations. 

Hope I don't get bit buying the Pirelli. :) 

• Like 1

Bridgestone Dueler AT RSW's on my 2020 Z71.  I was very nervous about the noise from AT tires but these have been surprisingly quiet and very smooth.  These are much nicer and quieter than I expected them to be and unless something significant occurs, I expect I'll replace them with an identical set when these wear out.

As for off-road ability, they do fine for me but I'm not rock crawling or swamping my truck.  When I did get the truck stuck, it was in a situation that I knew better than to be in but I did it anyways and paid the minor price of an extended vehicle cleanup.  The design or manufacturer of the tires would have made no difference in that situation.

Edited by Gangly
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Not even worth the comparison Bridgestone vs. Goodyear    Goodyear's are straight garbage!!

Why is that?  I like my goodyears but this is my first truck and nothing to compare it to.  So would be thankful for any further input you may have.   Also seems that there are more than one model of each tire out there.  At least I think.