I’m looking for the best oil filter for my 2020 Trail Boss 6.2L and the search came up negative (see photo). 

Has anyone tried other oil filters than the dealership AC Delco one?

Cheers!

5B4950E9-20DE-43DA-AE33-1C42F878445F.jpeg

2 hours ago, EricTheRed said:

I’m looking for the best oil filter for my 2020 Trail Boss 6.2L and the search came up negative (see photo). 

Cheers!

Still uses the same filters they did on the K2's. Still an Ecotec3 motor. 

9 hours ago, EricTheRed said:

Cheers!

5B4950E9-20DE-43DA-AE33-1C42F878445F.jpeg

It’s expensive. Buts it’s arguably the best oil filter for your truck Amsoil EA017. 

• Like 3

Cheers!
5B4950E9-20DE-43DA-AE33-1C42F878445F.thumb.jpeg.4bb83416b6025c5fdcbe856ac497c0c3.jpeg

Go with Amsoil, you’ll never look back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

AMSOIL's filters  are all I use, even on my lawnmower.  If you are interested send me a PM and I can get you a quote on any AMSOIL product delivered to your door.

High Efficiency
Efficiency is a filter's ability to capture contaminants. The more efficient a filter is, the more contaminants it will remove from oil. AMSOIL Oil Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 99 percent at 20 microns — one of the best ratings on the market. Some competitors also claim 99 percent efficiency, but at larger particle sizes of 30 to 40 microns.

Less Restriction
Proper oil flow is essential to keep engine parts lubricated at all times. AMSOIL Oil Filters' synthetic fibers are smaller than the fibers used in traditional filters, allowing for lower restriction which decreases engine wear. Our filters allow oil to flow through more easily than a typical cellulose filter does during cold-temperature warm-ups.

Contaminant Retention
A filter's capacity refers to the amount of contaminants it can hold and still remain effective. AMSOIL Oil Filters have a greater capacity for small, wear-causing contaminants than competing filter lines. They last longer and ensure the oil is properly filtered.

Superior Construction
AMSOIL Oil Filters are made with premium-grade full-synthetic media. The strictly controlled processing of this media ensures accurate filter construction and delivers higher capacity and efficiency along with better durability.

referencearrow.jpgOur full-synthetic media technology is resin-free to resist degradation from hot oil. It features a rigid mesh material that is pleated with the media for superior strength.

AMSOIL Oil Filters are constructed with nitrile gaskets that remain flexible and have been tested to extreme distances in severe environments. They feature fully tucked seams, a molded element seal, roll-formed threads and a long-lasting, premium-grade silicone anti-drainback valve.

Easy-Grip Coating
AMSOIL Oil Filters feature a textured coating to ease installation and removal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMSOIL's filters  are all I use, even on my lawnmower.  If you are interested send me a PM and I can get you a quote on any AMSOIL product delivered to your door.

High Efficiency
Efficiency is a filter's ability to capture contaminants. The more efficient a filter is, the more contaminants it will remove from oil. AMSOIL Oil Filters provide a filtering efficiency in accordance with industry standard ISO 4548-12 of 99 percent at 20 microns — one of the best ratings on the market. Some competitors also claim 99 percent efficiency, but at larger particle sizes of 30 to 40 microns.

Less Restriction
Proper oil flow is essential to keep engine parts lubricated at all times. AMSOIL Oil Filters' synthetic fibers are smaller than the fibers used in traditional filters, allowing for lower restriction which decreases engine wear. Our filters allow oil to flow through more easily than a typical cellulose filter does during cold-temperature warm-ups.

Contaminant Retention
A filter's capacity refers to the amount of contaminants it can hold and still remain effective. AMSOIL Oil Filters have a greater capacity for small, wear-causing contaminants than competing filter lines. They last longer and ensure the oil is properly filtered.

Superior Construction
AMSOIL Oil Filters are made with premium-grade full-synthetic media. The strictly controlled processing of this media ensures accurate filter construction and delivers higher capacity and efficiency along with better durability.

referencearrow.jpgOur full-synthetic media technology is resin-free to resist degradation from hot oil. It features a rigid mesh material that is pleated with the media for superior strength.

AMSOIL Oil Filters are constructed with nitrile gaskets that remain flexible and have been tested to extreme distances in severe environments. They feature fully tucked seams, a molded element seal, roll-formed threads and a long-lasting, premium-grade silicone anti-drainback valve.

Easy-Grip Coating
AMSOIL Oil Filters feature a textured coating to ease installation and removal.

Wait! There’s an arrow? I’ve never seen it or looked for it lol!
This has got to be the most amazing oil I’ve ever used, 40k mixed miles, mostly idling and purrs like a kitten, runs like a tiger.

• Like 1

Btw, I used to use the Napa Oil Filters but switched back to Amsoil Filters because all the Napa Oil Filters leaked (Like a Kamala) requiring to be extra tightened like Biden’s brain.

• Haha 4

I heard about the leaking Napa Gold filters so I ended up just going with the dealership AC Delco PF63/PF63E since this is the first oil change and I’m not going to go long change intervals. I noticed there was no E in the new filter part number but it did have the new high flow plastic core. I looked inside the factory filter and it was very different, kinda weird looking. The factory filter had a sticker saying “replace with PF63E” (see photos). I guess the new PF63 and the PF63E are the same as long as they’re both the AC Delco Professional Series. Correct me if I’m wrong.

7A6B773A-BE83-4FAB-B378-7BE50FFD33F5.jpeg

99945C3B-99EC-4AC1-BCBC-D6FF8CB5B789.jpeg

Edited by EricTheRed
Spelling

AC Delco PF63E

AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF63R

Wix 10255

Wix 10255XP

NAPA Gold 100255 (same as Wix above)

NAPA Platinum 4100255 (same as Wix XP above)

Bosch 3502

K&N Gold HP2011

Royal Purple 20-500

Mobil1 M1-212A

Fram Titanium FS10575

Purolator One PL22500

Purolator Boss PBL22500

Baldwin B7449

There.  I did your research for you, even though you can look them up just as easily as the rest of us.

Personally, I quit AC Delco when they invented the "E-core" filters.  I use Wix now and have never had one leak yet.  But I install my own in the driveway from the Kamala position.  (Making Oil Changes Great Again!)  :D

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

If you don't like the PF-63E, use the UPF-63R.  Higher quality filter.  

Both have the same filter media, just the can is thicker and no plastic core along with a thicker metal top and different design. Been using PF63e. Never had an issue. 5k mile intervals.

3 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

AC Delco PF63E

AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF63R

Wix 10255

Wix 10255XP

NAPA Gold 100255 (same as Wix above)

NAPA Platinum 4100255 (same as Wix XP above)

Bosch 3502

K&N Gold HP2011

Royal Purple 20-500

Mobil1 M1-212A

Fram Titanium FS10575

Purolator One PL22500

Purolator Boss PBL22500

Baldwin B7449

There.  I did your research for you, even though you can look them up just as easily as the rest of us.

Personally, I quit AC Delco when they invented the "E-core" filters.  I use Wix now and have never had one leak yet.  But I install my own in the driveway from the Kamala position.  (Making Oil Changes Great Again!)  :D

There, the list all cleaned up. :crackup:

• Like 1