11 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

AC Delco PF63E

AC Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF63R

Wix 10255

Wix 10255XP

NAPA Gold 100255 (same as Wix above)

NAPA Platinum 4100255 (same as Wix XP above)

Bosch 3502

K&N Gold HP2011

Royal Purple 20-500

Mobil1 M1-212A

Fram Titanium FS10575

Purolator One PL22500

Purolator Boss PBL22500

Baldwin B7449

There.  I did your research for you, even though you can look them up just as easily as the rest of us.

Personally, I quit AC Delco when they invented the "E-core" filters.  I use Wix now and have never had one leak yet.  But I install my own in the driveway from the Kamala position.  (Making Oil Changes Great Again!)  :D

You have superior internet skills than myself haha! Thanks for the list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Been using NAPA aka WIX oil, fuel, and air filters for many years, never any issues. 

Okay, for how many miles? 

?

Something I've noticed, and I'm not picking on you Ryan, is that claims are made with either, absence of reference or a reference where the bar is so low a slug could jump it. 

Saying I've use XYZ for years without issue but not saying 50 K is the longest you've ever owned a vehicle doesn't inspire confidence. See what I'm saying? 

My uncle ran a flat-head Ford a million miles without a filter or a rebuild, but he also changed his SA-SJ oil every 500 miles. 

Statements of excellence need CONTEXT. 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like for convenience, I'll be buying the WIX WL10255XP locally, but in 5k miles will try the Amsoil filter.

Thread reminds me when I had my 2003 GMC SD (6.0L), bought in '05 and recently sold. When I did that truck's oil/filter change, the OE filter size I thought was as small as the V4 and V6 Toyotas I owned prior.  Soon after, when I learned about the larger filter replacement, the truck ran much smoother (with full synthetic oil). My oil change/filter change interval was ~5k and sold that truck with 165k. I did a diagnostic on the engine shortly before selling, as it was the last thing I hadn't really worked on, besides spark plug/wire change, LS6 valley pan exchange and CAI. The engine internals were happily still within spec, with no leaks and that's with putting the truck through it's paces of towing and moderate/aggressive driving styles.

Interested to see how this 6.2L compares.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, EricTheRed said:

Here’s the one the dealership gave me and neither of the part numbers match up to anything I’ve seen online... weird

9CE31EAD-A4BE-492E-9C34-2F4F3A72C064.jpeg

This (part #12707246) is the new PF63 that replaces the PF63E. Your manual probably calls for part # 12690385-PF63E but as you can see at the below site that filter has been superseded by the 12707246-PF63. Just make sure it's the PF63 with the proper part # (as pictured above) if you're looking for the PF63E.

https://gmserviceinsights.com/new-acdelco-oil-filters-deliver-enhanced-performance/

This has caused a lot of confusion because ACDELCO/GM decided to rename the filter from the PF63E. Therefore it's important to have the correct part number for your PF63 application.

This post is not directed at/to the OP. I just chose this post because use it's an excellent picture of the new filter part number. This is just information directed to, and for the benefit of, the general forum population.

JMHO

No expertise implied or expressed

NAPA/WIX filters are 2/20-6/20 (Beta Ratio) or 50% efficient at 6 micron and 95% efficient at 20 micron

Purolator Pure One PL series is 95% efficient at 8 micron and 50% efficient under 5 micron. 

The standard GM wear test presented to the SAE says we need to compare at a Beta Ratio of 75 or 98.7 %. Problem is no one wants to play. 

Instead they wish to peg the results to a micron rating which is 20 micron then just give the percent efficient at that size. 

In that regard the the WIX/NAPA is again 95% at said 20 micron and the Purolator Pure is 99.9% at 20 micron. Yea, a Beat ratio of 1,000! They publish lower. :dunno: 

FRAM ULTRA GUARD (only), Royal Purple along with the Purolator Pure One are all about equal. 

Filters like the Mobil 1 and Purolator BOSS are dog and cat catchers even at 30 micron. They give up efficiency for duration. Bad Trade Dumb Bear.

WIX/NAPA fall in between.  

I get conflicting information on AMSOIL filters. One source says equal to the Royal Purple/Purolator group another says just a smidgen behind but really close. 

K&N brags on it's inefficiency up playing lower flow restriction. About on par with K&P stainless mesh cleanable filters. 

For whatever reasons there are people like to open filters and debate construction. Me....I like my filters to filter. I've never had ANY filter leak or structurally fail that was properly installed and used. 

28 minutes ago, Lakermadness said:

PF63E has a higher pressure relief rating of 22 lbs if I remember correctly.

PF63 was 12 lbs.

Key word WAS. New stock PF63 22 psi has replaced current stock PF63E 22 psi and 'old stock' PF63 12 psi. Leave it to GM to create confusion where none existed before. 😡

Everyone else just used a completely different part number. 😱 Now there's an idea, eh?  

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Key word WAS. New stock PF63 22 psi has replaced current stock PF63E 22 psi and 'old stock' PF63 12 psi. Leave it to GM to create confusion where none existed before. 😡

Everyone else just used a completely different part number. 😱 Now there's an idea, eh?  

So I guess no way to tell if you get an old stock or new stock filter.....LOL

19 minutes ago, WeGone said:

So I guess no way to tell if you get an old stock or new stock filter.....LOL

Actually the packaging changed somewhat.  New "Global Parts Branding" boxes

Auto Parts: Oil, Fuel, Transmission, Engine and Cabin Air Filters | ACDelco

Old Boxes

image.jpeg.90ae2492317bcafa741a89f6a26ed5be.jpeg

Don't use them myself. 

On 8/12/2020 at 3:27 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

There, the list all cleaned up. :crackup:

u mean the h0rizont@l kamel-t0 Position right!!!!    ").