Banks pedal monster

Just ordered my pedal monster and I dash gauge for my 2020 5.3 rst. I’ll keep you guys posted on thoughts. The product is new and seems safer then the pedal commander. Anyone with experience with banks as a company or their products?

I have one and love it. You can control it from the idash or from an app on your phone (uses bluetooth to connect to phone). Nice thing about it is't powered from the OBD port, not the 5v from the pedal. If you pull the power the pedal return to stock.

I had a pedal commander on a previous Chev and it caused codes due to taking power from the 5v to the pedal. I think it was causing the 5v to drop below a certain voltage causing the codes.

Jay

I did some research on this one, looks like its much better than the others out there. If you watch the video on their site, it explains the 5v power issues and the danger it causes. 

I will most likely be purchasing this in the future.

Would you recommend getting it with the dash gage or is it easy enough to control from your phone?

2 minutes ago, nobaddays said:

I did some research on this one, looks like its much better than the others out there. If you watch the video on their site, it explains the 5v power issues and the danger it causes. 

I will most likely be purchasing this in the future.

Would you recommend getting it with the dash gage or is it easy enough to control from your phone?

I got the gauge with it. If nothing else I can use it to check and clear codes if I ever throw any. Only thing I wish banks would add would be a way to control auto stop. I see other products can do it solely through the obd port. 

10 minutes ago, nobaddays said:

Same question from me.  What are the pros to the gauge that make it worthy of 2x the price of the standalone unit?

I am going to be getting one very soon, Banks makes GREAT stuff.  You can tell they engineered this thing right, is well thought out.  I will not be getting the gauge or pod...I mean, after the first day or two of playing with it, you won't touch it again!  But, I know a lot of guys like all of the gadgets and sticking stuff all over the truck, so to each their own.  I like keeping the interior clean and uncluttered, will just use the phone app to set it up and forget it.  Was happily surprised that the price was in-line with the competition, and it seems is a higher quality design.  

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 7/31/2021 at 9:51 AM, cva617680 said:

What is the difference between the Banks Pedal Monster and the Pulsar LT for a 6.2 2021 Silverado? I have heard good things on both.

James, Jay from Banks here. Both units are indeed similar. The biggest difference in the units is the PedalMonster's safety features, namely Reverse Safety. This function sets you back to stock throttle position when you're in reverse. This helps you from jack-knifing your trailer when backing up, or submerging your truck when backing in the boat at the launch ramp. Pulsar also does not have Active Safety bypass. If PedalMonster detects an issue, either internal or external, it's normally-closed relays latch shut, returning you to stock throttle sensitivity. Both of these safety features are patented. 

• 4 weeks later...