GM service bulletin for faulty valve springs

Omfg - if u read my last post, u will note i didnt say this situation nor what they were offering me or not offering me was "due 2 being a woman" - i said i feel like they keep pushing it back further & further & saying things like oh yeah was 2 b done last wk but then we determined we needed more bolts ordered & then next time it was oh we started it & a wire got crossed so that held it up, then next excuse aftr telling me i could plan on Friday aftrnoon was oh we think we need 2 road test it more, etc, etc. I in no way feel this happened due to my gender; what i meant was i kinda feel like they keep giving me excuses & think im just gonna deal w it. I dont go around blaming things on that but i have ran in2 that a few times in my years. I have only worked w predominately male oriented fields & have been in2 racing, cars, trucks, etc 4 most of my life & i dont use that as a crutch; except when blatantly in my face. Like try calling an auto parts store or ordering tires & such & a lot of guys treat me as if i don't know what im talking about. & my favorite is when i get asked "is that your husband's truck?" no sir, i picked it out, picked out accessories, paid 4 it, & drive it every day & i do not have a husband at the moment. So no, i dont just jump 2 that conclusion, but it does happen. Im not crying out discrimination 2 them, i have enjoyed a gr8 relationship w this dealer for about 20 yrs & r guy is vry nice 2 me & will tell u himself that i know more about trucks than sum of his sales ppl. But at sum point frustration takes over & u just wonder like do u think im just going 2 keep letting myself get told wk aftr wk that oh yeah, gonna b anothr wk & such & y is it that way. They have had ample time imo 2 get parts, work on it, test it, etc & a month seems a bit much 2 me. Maybe not 2 u???   

& im not looking 2 sue any1 over this - again, i want all of us dealing w this 2 get treated properly & compensated 4 the inconvenience, etc. Im so sorry i ever said anything 2 begin with but i kinda think u may b the type who gets off on throwing your 2 cents in on everything, eh? & not due 2 group think; i feel 4 all going thru this & think we all have a right 2 complain & this seemed like a good place 2 share ideas, questions, comments, concerns, etc. Not tear any1 else down. 

For clarification, immediately after I posted what you quoted I edited my post to what is says now.

As for this whole, you're being taken advantage of because your a woman, the following text are words.

Post #37

Not sure if im getting treated worse cause im female & they think they can just pat me on the head & i will suck it up or if this just is what it is so 2 speak.

Post #41

that's what I meant by being treated differently 4 being a woman.

You double down and tried justifiying the whole "being a woman" crap.

Omfg - as you can see, I did read your posts. How about we try moving on, and avoid the whole gender mumbo-jumbo?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well this thread went to ******. Anyone else care to update on their trucks with the bad springs? 

my service manager buddy told me wait til it breaks. They aren’t authorizing a preemptive move on ordering springs just yet. He did guarantee me a loaner of my choosing though, so if it goes boom you bet I’ll be asking for something comparable, heck maybe I’ll just grab a new 2500HD Duramax

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Coles5515 said:

Well this thread went to ******. Anyone else care to update on their trucks with the bad springs? 

my service manager buddy told me wait til it breaks. They aren’t authorizing a preemptive move on ordering springs just yet. He did guarantee me a loaner of my choosing though, so if it goes boom you bet I’ll be asking for something comparable, heck maybe I’ll just grab a new 2500HD Duramax

I was really hoping they'd start preemptive replacement.  I'm waiting on a AT4 that should be here this week, turns out it was built 8/22.

I have a 6.2 at4 that had valve spring go at 316 miles.  It was a tough pill to swallow after spending $60k+.  However, they towed it in, fixed it and had it back to me on the second day.  I was "lucky" bc the parts were available, I couldn't imagine being without my truck for weeks- especially bc they couldn't get me a decent loaner truck (which I need for my work).  It took about a week to get my coverage component letter which essentially extended my powertrain warranty to 100k miles .  I'm still a bit nervous, wondering if/when another spring breaks but I do love driving this beast.  

On 10/6/2020 at 8:11 PM, LSUAT4 said:

1,284 miles today, valve spring broke and left wife on the side of the road. Road side assistance sucks, they would not tow it to my dealer of choice, 5 miles farther than the dealer they wanted it towed to, so I had to set up my own tow and pay for it, thanks GM. 

842AB7DF-7391-4A3D-9877-750BFB87A990.jpeg

Update, got my truck back today, they replaced all of the valve springs. Waiting to see if they will extend my power train warranty. Got lucky and the valve didn’t drop and smoke the motor, the spring was broke in 3 spots. This the first truck at my dealer that they have had to fix. Wish it wouldn’t have taken a week to fix, they received the springs this morning and was done by 4:30. 

32 minutes ago, LSUAT4 said:

Update, got my truck back today, they replaced all of the valve springs. Waiting to see if they will extend my power train warranty. Got lucky and the valve didn’t drop and smoke the motor, the spring was broke in 3 spots. This the first truck at my dealer that they have had to fix. Wish it wouldn’t have taken a week to fix, they received the springs this morning and was done by 4:30. 

I am really glad they found enough springs, to do the complete fix. Mine is still at the dealership, and both the dealer and GM are telling me they cannot locate the 14 needed, to replace the rest of mine, after failure number two. Maybe soon.

Keep insisting on the warranty extension, they should come through with it. Even though neither of us dropped a valve, its hard to say if it bent, or weakened it, when the spring(s) broke.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:06 PM, steelcity said:

Two words for ya.

Competition Cams

When and OEM part fails that is under a TBS I avoid the replacement as bad at the original. Aftermarket springs even if I had to pay for the job myself. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Transient said:

Posts very often go off topic. I saw it as such, and was attempting to bring it back to springs. It does take a brain to see that, too.

I broke my shovel, so I've been without for a few months. It was a Kobalt shovel with the steel pipe handle. I was digging up bushes by hand. May I keep the one you loaned me?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No reason to think it was going off topic. We're talking springs, not cams. Comp cams is a brand. Comp springs isn't. ?

Someone with your extensive racing background should have instantly known. But it's ok. Really is.