6.6L programmer

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So I Found a "tuner". Its website is https://www.magnumtuning.com/en/detail/smart-tune-x-performance-fuel-tuner-chip/gm/6-6l-gas-fuel-injection.

It seems like it is a speakeasy website. It seems like we are going through a second prohibition for tuning. I was wondering if anyone has tried to contact them or used their tuners?

no way id use that gizmo tuning thingy, if its not hp tuners or equivilent . really from my understanding its encrypted pcm like the c8 vette. my personal dyno tuner guy says its gunna take a serious amount of time and effort for some one to do it. and he tunes 300 to 4000+ hp cars all the time for a living. so until somebody (cracks it open) its going to be damn near impossible. really sucks too, cause id like to do a tvs 2650 blower/ bigger injectors/ 1 7/8 headers/ true dual all 3in stainless and some e85. but i really dont see it happening.

You really can't go wrong with a product where the support for it is described like this "RUSH-RUSH Help Center replaced former Magnum Tech Support"

It appears to not be a tuner, but rather just intercepts various sensors to trick the ecu into putting more fuel into the engine.

Just based off that one web page, it's not a product I would plug into my very expensive truck, even if they paid me to do it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It seems that Whipple has cracked the ECU.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/262716-l8t-whipple-for-2020-2022-2500hd/

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/03/whipple-will-soon-launch-a-gm-6-6l-l8t-v8-supercharger-kit/

"The kit includes an HP Tuners RDT flash tool to reprogram the computer, as well as a VCM scanner for data logging and tire / axle adjustment."

Edited by Dr1ft3r

• 10 months later...

This just out recently. Good news for all:

2020-2023 GM Silverado/Sierra 2500/3500 Truck 6.6L L8T Gas tuning has arrived! DiabloSport has combined their industry exclusive Locksmith device with the required ECM harness, and developed tunes specific to the L8T 6.6L Gas applications. The provided preloaded/preset tunes have shown gains of 28 RWHP and 50 RWTQ over stock, on good 93 octane gas! These are huge gains, that you'll feel when you stomp the go pedal! You can also adjust throttle response, tire size, speed limiter and more!
For those that want numbers thats 429 HP and 514 RWTQ!!! on 93 octane
  • Thanks 1