6.6L programmer

Nothing yet.

Expect it to cost a ton of money if something does come on the market. It already costs a minimum of $1,900 just to tune a 2019+ half ton truck.

Most you can do right now seems to be the pedal monster for improved throttle response. Not sure if that works on the 6.6 gas trucks yet.

Edited by CamGTP

8 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Nothing yet.

Expect it to cost a ton of money if something does come on the market. It already costs a minimum of $1,900 just to tune a 2019+ half ton truck.

Most you can do right now seems to be the pedal monster for improved throttle response. Not sure if that works on the 6.6 gas trucks yet.

Only thing I can surmise is there just isn't the market.

Reputable Tuner with 5 tunes for the new 7.3 WITH 10 speed is under $650

That's a brand new engine and transmission that several companies have figured out how to tune for well under $1,000.

GM has a new engine but very familiar transmission and no one has figured out a tuner?

Again I think it's they don't believe profit to do it is there.

The companies that made tunes that mattered have stopped, the government moved in on them and they have stopped.  Now you'll find things that do little things like throttle response or air intake and exhaust, however the factory systems are monitoring this and make adjustments to offset the benefits.  No easy programming left.

• 1 month later...

Its encryption and honestly let's be real here... who buys these trucks mostly?  Fleets.  There is no care for custom tuning with fleet operators.  It's like the 6 liter with the e78 ecm since 2011.  Yes you can half ass tune them but it's only half ass.  Ask anyone who tries to cam one or run a supercharger etc... Guys that grab L96s for a swap like to toss the e78 in the trash and go for an e38 because it has full tuning support. 

I can see guys that swap this 6.6 just using the e92 that the 2014 through 2018 half tons, Camaros and Corvettes use.  

You will likely be waiting a very long time for any real tuning for these trucks.  The Ford is not really encrypted, Ford themsleves seem to be driving customization to a degree, and honestly there is a lot more fanfare for the 7.3 anyway.. hence they have tuning.  Ford pushing the 7.3 out as a crate engine with ecm and harness for swap purposes really helps here lol.  

Edited by SierraHD17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find myself leaning more towards the Chevy but man the stuff that is happening with the 7.3 is just impressive! 

What's funny is doing some googling you see before either engine was released most places were speculating the GM 6.6 would be the engine seeing all the aftermarket support. I assume that's because of the LS DNA, but that's clearly not the case!

It's just because the GM ECM's are now encrypted, Ford's are not.  L8T 6.6L components like that beautiful forged crank are already in the performance parts catalog and I expect 6.6L crate engines will be available soon.  That doesn't mean much to the 6.6L silverado/Sierra owners that wants to do something to his truck though.

4 hours ago, C/K Man said:

It's just because the GM ECM's are now encrypted, Ford's are not.  L8T 6.6L components like that beautiful forged crank are already in the performance parts catalog and I expect 6.6L crate engines will be available soon.  That doesn't mean much to the 6.6L silverado/Sierra owners that wants to do something to his truck though.

Which is why they need to either bring back 4.10s, give it a competitive transmission, or release the rumored big block. 

Or best of all, all 3 available in a truck!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nick112288 said:

Which is why they need to either bring back 4.10s, give it a competitive transmission, or release the rumored big block. 

Or best of all, all 3 available in a truck!

I’d be happy with just a couple or three more gears. Big block and low gears for the dually’s maybe. Maybe as an option for the 1 ton srw’s also.