Dumb things people do during the coronavirus

dieselfan1

It could be the guy driving in his car all by himself wearing a mask. ( actually funny)

Or people that refuse to wear one even. (Idiots, imo)

The bars around here are packed with people(no masks) when it's supposed to be at 50% capacity with social distancing and masks. That's been pissing me off for months.

Finally, our governor shut the bars and restaurants down tonight at midnight. Take out or to go only. No inside or outside dining or drinking.

What pisses you off???????

For me the list is long, but what really burned my ass today was, I found out my in-laws just went on a two week vacation to Thailand or somewhere near there. They travel all the time so I'm not really surprised. Dumb with a capital D if you ask me.

My father in law, aka Mr. Adventure, went deer hunting with a buddy of his that said he was sick . Now they both have Covid. He's pretty sick too.

I avoid people as much as I can these days as bad as it's got in the last month or so. Always mask up when I get near someone.

Let's hear what you got.....

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't go out to eat much at all but for whatever reason it's still somehow safer to be in a place with no limits on people than it is in your own booth at a restaurant or a gym. I want this data the governor keeps talking about, why can't we see this data??

Do they not want to tell me I am in grave danger walking into a store with 300 people??

But being in a restaurant with 50 total people while sitting in my own booth with my 4 family members is a far far worse situation I guess, makes perfect sense. More places will shut down for good because of this.

I still put on the mask when I need to but don't really put it on when I talk with the normal people during my day job. The majority of it is outdoors and I'm a few feet apart, nobody backs away like we have the plague.

And honestly not much bothers me, people are free to do what they want and nothing I can do to stop them. I'm just tired of the higher ups like the governor and so on doing the whole "Do as I say and not as I do" type thing.

One funny thing though is that I have a co-worker that goes to the extreme when going out shopping and returning home because his roommate is higher risk. He cleans wipes his stuff down and the grocery's before entering the house and all that. But then he takes his mask off to eat something in the office with 4 to 5 of us in there but when someone comes close to him without a mask outside of that setting he will walk away from them or tell them not to come closer. Maybe he doesn't see the disconnect there.

Edited by CamGTP

"Dumb" is a word that will simply provoke conflict.  I prefer to ponder what causes people to think differently than what I've concluded.  I, for example, can't understand how freedom is used as an argument against safe practices but I wouldn't consider me or them "dumb"(used in the informal).  The same applies to politics.  I often wonder how people could possibly believe or like what their candidate is offering.  The beauty is, they're wondering the same about me!   More than ever, we need to develop our skills to properly inform ourselves.  You can find ample information to support your beliefs but educate yourselves on why not everyone agrees with you.  If your belief is the right one, then you need to convince your disbelievers through sound reasoning.  Name calling or bully behavior aren't effective methods to disprove a belief held by another person.

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

More than ever, we need to develop our skills to properly inform ourselves.  You can find ample information to support your beliefs but educate yourselves on why not everyone agrees with you.  If your belief is the right one, then you need to convince your disbelievers through sound reasoning.  Name calling or bully behavior aren't effective methods to disprove a belief held by another person.

Proverbs 14:15 applies:

"The naive person believes every word,

But the shrewd one ponders each step".

Naive: (of a person or action) showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgment.

I feel for people attempting to sift through the mire of 'low quality' information and outright disinformation to come to a 'wise' conclusion. But I only feel for those who are actually attempting to seek the truth. Truth seekers do not have an agenda past the wise choices truth will insist. Truth is ignorant of poly-ticks, philosophy, religion or opinion. Truth has no agenda, it has consequences.

Proverbs 18:13 reminds us:

When anyone replies to a matter before he hears the facts,

It is foolish and humiliating.

For 1.34 million people (world wide) those consequences have been death. People with an agenda will argue this number until the water is so muddy the truth is veiled. For those looking for the truth the number of dead will not matter. The fact that death is a possible consequence and very real will. With stakes this high I take the advice of a frail little old lady I know. 

"When in doubt...do without"

What I will do without is the argument of those with an agenda.

I havent changed my life much. I wear the mask wash my hands and exercise. If people want to be safe from a virus with a 99 percent survival rate I get it. I would never call someone names for thinking differently. Ultimately this virus will probably never go away and no lockdown can make it disappear. We have diseases that are thousands of years old that we cant get rid of even with vaccines. If you are high risk or want to be safe absolutely stay home its understandable but you can't get mad when others don't want to. 

Edited by Mitchell Wagner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Waiting in line for a burger for 14 hours. Now that's dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sounds like when they finally made a IN AND OUT BURGER in Texas all them Cali people waited in line for the nasty ass cardboard frys and small ass burgers ? 

• Haha 2