Dumb things people do during the coronavirus

dieselfan1

6 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Lets not talk about how bad the wind gets down there.
This was on U.S. 52 just south of Preston about 5 years ago.
Spun the truck around 180.
Probably a 70-75 mph gust , trailer was empty.
I almost rolled it , it was up on the 2 drivers side wheels.

I've seen 55 footers just above Elephant Bute blown off I-25 like blowing out a birthday candle. There's a year around blow. 

So this isn't a corona dumb thing but just dumb. So I have never driven in New Jersey, but I just drove through it, and why the hell can I not pump my own gas. I thought this was gone these. I get out of the truck and try to get gas and the person comes out yelling at me.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Bash74 said:

So this isn't a corona dumb thing but just dumb. So I have never driven in New Jersey, but I just drove through it, and why the hell can I not pump my own gas. I thought this was gone these. I get out of the truck and try to get gas and the person comes out yelling at me.

Not being funny, how old are you?  Back in the day this was called "full service".  This is not unusual across the country, I know they also do this in Oregon.  I told the guy don't perpetrate full service, if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.  Check the fluid levels, tire pressure, hoses, and clean the windshield.  Or else I'll be looking for a discount.

• Thanks 1

Just pumped gas same station in the Bronx a few days ago is now .15 cents more. Can’t wait for the old regime to kick in. Back to $4.50 a gallon soon I bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s going up. Plus 20 cents here.

Not being funny, how old are you?  Back in the day this was called "full service".  This is not unusual across the country, I know they also do this in Oregon.  I told the guy don't perpetrate full service, if you're going to do it you might as well do it right.  Check the fluid levels, tire pressure, hoses, and clean the windshield.  Or else I'll be looking for a discount.

I remember it back in the day, but I thought it was all gone now. I know a few places that have both full and self, but just didn't think any place still doesn't allow seld service.

Just wait till you can't plug in your own EV. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I grew up in New Jersey. You can’t pump your own gas. Funny though gas is usually cheaper in New Jersey.

I don't know what part of Jersey you're in, but I found has to be more expensive there. I lived in just north of Philly in Bucks County from 2015-2017.

There's also a few gas stations in Philly and the northern suburbs where they won't let you pump your own gas. They're also more expensive than the competitor across the street that let's you pump your own gas by about $0.10/gallon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know what part of Jersey you're in, but I found has to be more expensive there. I lived in just north of Philly in Bucks County from 2015-2017.

There's also a few gas stations in Philly and the northern suburbs where they won't let you pump your own gas. They're also more expensive than the competitor across the street that let's you pump your own gas by about $0.10/gallon.

Maybe it’s changed in the last few years. When I was traveling from Texas to New Jersey (where I grew up). Gas was usually cheaper. I was helping my uncle who was starting a devision of the family business. The scuttled butt was refineries close by?

A little lite digging I find New Jersey recently added a 10 cent tax per gallon. Got to love those blue states, kick you while you’re down.

• Like 1

I read talk of folks wearing 2 masks.  It would be dumb for me to wear double because my mask is so thick, I wouldn't have to be concerned with covid.  Why, I would be dead of suffocation first.  Went up 6 flights of stairs the other day, oxygen got really thin.

Wearing 2 makes doesn't make sense, but taking a handkerchief that's folded in half and tying it around your head so it's used as a mask makes a lot of sense. Confusing times we're living in nowadays.

7 hours ago, The Zip said:

I read talk of folks wearing 2 masks.  It would be dumb for me to wear double because my mask is so thick, I wouldn't have to be concerned with covid.  Why, I would be dead of suffocation first.  Went up 6 flights of stairs the other day, oxygen got really thin.

A short while ago we discarded out single layer mask for multi layer ones. But it was more for the better fit than the extra ply. Every once in awhile we do something for another reason that turns out good for yet another. I was shoveling snow the other day and wearing it for the warmth and it's the first time wearing one I had to slow my pace to keep my breath. Interesting I thought to myself. Personally I'm not in a hurry to do much of anything anymore. I expect 35 years smoking has more to do with it than my mask. (Quit seven years ago and it does improve)