A different topic.....I like my truck!

Rodek

It seems that everywhere I go I see social media posts, forums and articles about recalls, problems and complaints about folk's trucks. Well, I'd rather read why people like their trucks. Kudos to those who can post without anything negative! I'll start.

I like my 2020 Silverado High Country 5.3 10 speed 4x4 because it comfortably seats my family and dog. The truck pulls our camper and for a full size truck it gets good fuel economy. The bed has been more than capable of holding anything we've needed to put in it. The North Sky Blue Metallic looks amazing with tinted windows. I plan on keeping it for a long time. 

2020 Silverado High Country .jpg

Jayco 25RB Hooked up to Silverado .jpg

• Like 6

I would Completely agree with you. 

My Truck is somewhat of a unicorn on this forum. its  2020 Silver Silverado WT Reg Long Bed Work Truck. Its my Second Vehicle so it only has  a bit over 2k On it. I drive it when i have my  Express 3500HD (Giant Work Van) to full and i need to haul stuff. It it fairly equipped to be a WT Model.  It seems to be flawless in my opinion . Perfect paint no odd or weird behavior or noises. Perfect paint and body panels and bed alignment . I pull two Separate trailers with it one is  12 foot double axle  waste trailer. the other is smaller i use mostly to pick up materials and leave on job sites for trash when the customer just does not have room for a dumpster. 

Ohh I would love your truck more if you would stop Parking it in the grass ...  

Nice Truck..

It's nice to see a change of pace on here, [emoji1787] Though we all appreciate people sharing their troubles for our own benefits at times, it always seems easier to share the negatives than the positives.

Love the truck! I'm a fan of the color. I got a new to me '19 LTZ 4x4 with the 6.2/10spd in Satin Steel back in May. It had 19k miles at the time, and I'm only at 22.5k now since everything has halted with the current state of things. So far, so good! It had one hiccup with an ECM needing replacement after I got codes for the evap solenoid, but otherwise it's been good so far. Time will tell. I had an '09 5.3 with the first gen of the 6spd that I traded in. It had it's moments over the almost 12 years I owned it, but no truck will be perfect and problem free.

Favorite thing so far.... probably the engine/trans combo. Anytime you put your foot in it, it's just an ear to ear grin, hahaha. And considering the power, I'm impressed with the mileage as well even though it wasn't necessarily a priority of mine.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Nice job starting this topic OP. I started out my GM career with a 2002 S10 ZR2 super cab. Absolutely loved the truck. Then I got married and went through 3 trailblazers with the last being an SS model. Truly loved that vehicle (should have just kept it) and bought truck out right.

Went through 3 K2 GMC Sierra’s with one having the “Chevy shake” but dealership and GM took care of me and I bought 2 others. Great trucks!

I found a leftover 2019 High Country in April during the beginning of the pandemic and got 0% financing and a fantastic trade in deal on my 2018. This new truck all around is just a better truck. The 6.2L with 10 speed is fantastic, the rear leg room now is a big plus for us, along with heated rear seats now for the kiddos is awesome. 

I for one am super happy with the interior. It’s very functional, easy to use, and I find it nice on the inside. The heads up display is great to use, along with the headlights are awesome while driving at night.  I couldn’t be happier with this new truck. 

Edited by TNTSilverado

It seems that everywhere I go I see social media posts, forums and articles about recalls, problems and complaints about folk's trucks. Well, I'd rather read why people like their trucks. Kudos to those who can post without anything negative! I'll start.

I like my 2020 Silverado High Country 5.3 10 speed 4x4 because it comfortably seats my family and dog. The truck pulls our camper and for a full size truck it gets good fuel economy. The bed has been more than capable of holding anything we've needed to put in it. The North Sky Blue Metallic looks amazing with tinted windows. I plan on keeping it for a long time. 
1107993781_2020SilveradoHighCountry.thumb.jpg.80706cfe695dd72b056ce4daa07453f7.jpg
620127145_Jayco25RBHookeduptoSilverado.thumb.jpg.9fbc5537bff21bd6722c4b2d635b03f0.jpg
I like your trailer . Jay feather what? Specs?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The enginerds did a crap job of aiming the map lights but otherwise, the truck is quick, it is comfortable, it's sexy as hell, and coming from Ford, I am happy with the bang for buck.  It's easy to nitpick ... 

Oh and I get great MPG while driving downhill with a tailwind, and the engine off.  I bought a truck :)

I love my 20 RST 6.2/10sp. It's by far the nicest truck I've ever owned. It handles great and has tons of power...we have a Jay Feather 24RL and it pulls it like it isn't even there. 0 regrets to buying mine.

16 hours ago, Rodek said:

2020 Silverado High Country .jpg

Jayco 25RB Hooked up to Silverado .jpg

Could not agree more.

Majority of people come to the forums looking for help or to complain about their vehicles so I'm not shocked by it, but it is refreshing to see OP bring up a positive conversation.  I love my truck, wouldn't switch it for anything and I have no regrets/concerns.

I've made numerous changes to the appearance which I wish GM would offer from the factory, but then again it allows me to make it my own.  Especially the stock exhaust on the 6.2, so weak, but changed that and now I'm loving it (the wife not so much!)

I think GM did a great job with the looks and function of the truck

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I like your trailer . Jay feather what? Specs?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yep it's a Jayco Jay Feather 25RB. 30 ft in length, 6068 lbs dry 7,000 lbs loaded. Really nice trailer and pulls absolutely great. 

This is my very first pick-up truck and I absolutely love my 2020 Duramax 3.0!  My previous daily driver was a 2014 Q5 TDI which was also a great car.  I like the Sierra more though.  Things I really like in no particular order:

• rear view camera mirror
  • awesome fuel mileage
  • comfortable ride 
  • very spacious inside and out
  • very quiet interior
  • the torque!
  • some say the interior is bland but I like it.  It is very functional and easy to keep clean
  • multi-pro tailgate 
  • that column shifter - so old school!
  • the looks of the truck
  • HUD - all cars should have this as mandatory equipment!
  • ICE - works for me, easy to use

I plan on keeping this for a long time as well.

Even though It's been a month since I last drove it, I like my truck even more after this accident b/c I realized how safe it is.  The crumble zone worked so great none of my airbags went off while the other vehicle spun 180degree and all air bags went off.  Fortunately my kids weren't with me, but I speculate they would be fine if they were.

20201030_160324.jpg