A different topic.....I like my truck!

Rodek

On 12/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, Fuelie said:

Count me in also.... Mine is a 19 LTZ with every option but max tow. 6.2 10 speed.

I have 72,000 trouble free miles, the ONLY time I have had a problem is when I hooked up  the new Pulsar LT.

I have had two back surgeries and one neck surgery, and my driver seat is very comfortable.

I will probably wait till the 2022 comes out for my next one.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Can I ask what happened with the pulsar lt?

I was just looking into getting that for my 2019 RST Z71 5.3 8SD

I love my truck but I seem to still have harsh shift issues and she's been back to the dealer twice due to esc. failure

Lol the internet HATES General Motors

I really like they new boys I think they drive nice. They drive like they’re very heavy, they soak up bumps and feel a little floaty but if you go hard in a corner or make a fast maneuver they handle like a car and that’s an amazing feat of engineering

Great topic. I do appreciate all of the topics on here but I too love my truck. It's a 2020 LT TrailBoss. Love the 6.2 and pretty much everything about this truck. I have about 13k on her, so far it's been great. I had 2017 and this one is much better in my opinion. 

Love mine. 2020 HC, 5,000 miles so far.

I do acknowledge that if something is wrong, we post the issues to find a solution. If everything is good, we dont post. So it may seem theres nothing but issues with our truck, but I don’t believe thats the case for the majority of us. Good post to see that these are good trucks too.

On 12/23/2020 at 7:11 AM, Fermy said:

Hey Tom,

Can I ask what happened with the pulsar lt?

I was just looking into getting that for my 2019 RST Z71 5.3 8SD

I love my truck but I seem to still have harsh shift issues and she's been back to the dealer twice due to esc. failure

It ran great for 2 days and then started throwing up tons of errors while I was driving down the interstate, service brake system etc. 

Also the truck would not turn off, I let it set for 30 minutes and then it finally turned off. I unhooked the Pulsar and it started right up, I returned it and they were great to deal with!

When it worked I liked it a lot

Tom

I loved my 2019 AT4 Carbon Pro 6.2L/10spd - did everything well.  But I was towing a lot and the standard mirrors were lacking and even though I got the tech package and all the cameras, I did not have the see through camera set up for a trailer.

So I was looking to move back to a 2500 or 3500 HD diesel.  I went for test drive and knew it would be better when towing, but was not the truck I wanted to drive the rest of the time so   I ended up finding a 2020 AT4 Carbon Pro 6.2L/10spd with trailer tow mirrors and the additional tech package all the trailer tow camera views.  Gave me all the views I needed for my 24' enclosed trailer and tows like a dream.  Made a few updates with 2.5" lift (4.5" overall) from BDS with Fox adj. coil overs and a Deaver custom rear spring 10 pack to better handle trailer tongue weight.  The only thing I wish I could change is the size of the fuel tank - if I could get 50 gallons that would be awesome - when towing the 26 gallon tank is just too small. 

So I guess I could say I loved my truck so much I bought it again!   These really are amazing trucks that do everything well! 

1767178234_TruckFox2.thumb.JPG.c7935ae8998a5481cfcd49aa771ce791.JPG

649394741_2020AT4w-trailers.thumb.jpg.2703ef3e644cd0af3c16d84403f6d586.jpg

I used to own a 2017 Midnight Edition LTZ Z71 with the 5.3L and tried a year ago to trade in for a 2019 LT Trailboss with the 5.3L at the end of 2019 but was pissed-off over how I was treated by a dealer in my hometown. 

When the pandemic hit, I wasn't considering trading in my old truck for a new one.  The dealer (out of town) that I bought my 2017 from inquired periodically about trading my old ride for a new 2020 due to the various incentive programs occurring at the time.  I simply told the dealer that I wanted a specific truck...well in August 2020 that became a reality as that truck I wanted...a 2020 Black Trailboss with the 6.2L and almost every option you can get on this truck was available, thus wound up getting it for a great price. 

Sure I miss some creature comforts in downgrading from a LTZ to an LT2 as I don't have power-folding mirrors, a power front passenger bucket seat, factory navigation, cool-seats, or a better HD review camera, but the Trailboss has just about the other features my LTZ had.  I smile every time I approach it as the outside appearance is awesome.  When I sit in the truck, I smile even more when I stare at the 6.2L badges on the hood - of course the fun part of it all is unleashing that 6.2L. 

As for the interior, I have no complaints and it works fine for me.  It seems nowadays the emphasis on truck interior is the must have big-screen LCD in the center of the dash that the new F150 and the Ram havr which wasn't a desirable feature for me.  Besides should those big screen LCD's fail or burnout, I can imagine the replacement cost would be in the 1000's of dollars to replace compared to that of the Chevy/GMC.

During my first few months of ownership on the Trailboss, I had two issues; the first was the rear window leak that my dealer repaired promptly by contracting the repair to an auto-glass company, and the second was an annoying rattle in the rear of the cabin that I traced to the headrests on the rear seats.  I removed the headrests, added some masking tape and reinstalled them...problem solved.  Other than that, no problems as the truck runs great...just did a 450 km trip for work related function and the mileage from the 6.2L was better than my old truck.

I enjoy my new truck very much and as it stands right now, this would be the last truck I would purchase as I plan to retire about 12 years from now.  Gotta save up for that vette or settle for an old school muscle car as a retirement gift to me, or maybe get both.

I've only had mine for just over 2 weeks, but I think it's absolutely awesome.  Wasn't planning on the 3.0 but after driving it, I was impressed with the ability to climb western Pennsylvania hills without lugging then downshifting just to keep up the speed.  I was hooked.  My last full size truck was a 2006 and this one is simply on a different level altogether.

IMG_1516.jpg

• Like 1

I love my truck - only had it 5 days.  The day that I picked it up it started to SNOW here, and in the morning by 530 AM when I got up it was over a foot!  That much snow causes havoc no matter where you live and it was a lot for a city in lockdown due to the stupid virus thing going on.  Not enough people to man the plows, too many accidents and stuck vehicles for the tow trucks, most cars with low clearance not even able to leave their driveway, buses stuck sideways across the roads all day etc.  I put the truck in auto-4wd and got to my workshop in no time.  Most side streets I was the first one making a track in the snow.  It handled everything beautifully and I had warm hands / butt / back the whole way!  Here's a couple of pics to give you an idea of what kind of dump it was.

The next day I had to let my wife use it as our Toyota AWD Rav4 wouldn't make it out of the driveway.  Because the snow was so deep it filled up the wheels and apparently the sensors don't like that.  I got 2 text messages from the truck letting me know to service the ABS system and Stabilitrak system.  I cleaned out the wheels and I'm sure they are working properly now as I put about 300 miles on it since.

This vehicle was in the dealers "demo" program and their head mechanic was driving it for a few months and put about 3000 miles on it.  I'm sure it's broken in well and any hiccups would seem to be taken care of.  It was in perfect condition and was handed to me with a fresh oil change (early, but I thought it made sense start with a clean slate so asked them to do that) and no visible wear and tear at all. Worst thing I found was a dribble of coffee on the center console that the "lot boy" didn't manage to clean properly.  This is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned and I'm thrilled with every feature it has.  I didn't start out looking at anything this nice but I'm very glad I am able to afford this.  Last item to attend to is a tonneau cover to keep the snow out and my tools dry.

Deck Pic Jan 24.jpeg

Truck Pic 1.jpeg

Edited by SRNicholson