Which oil filter?

Kclyatt

I am amazed that the 6.2l filter from AC Delco (PF63E) is exactly identical inside and out to the Walmart cheap Super Tech ST 10575 (Bob is the oil guy).  Also there are 50/50 opinions on the quality of the E core filters and with so many options out there I am curious what is everyone using for their ride?

I currently am thinking going with the Purolator Boss PBL22500 based on cut open filter pics, specs and reviews. I want best filter for the engine/longevity especially with DFM and the AC Delco seems ok but what do others think?

2 hours ago, Kclyatt said:

I am amazed that the 6.2l filter from AC Delco (PF63E) is exactly identical inside and out to the Walmart cheap Super Tech ST 10575 (Bob is the oil guy).  Also there are 50/50 opinions on the quality of the E core filters and with so many options out there I am curious what is everyone using for their ride?

I currently am thinking going with the Purolator Boss PBL22500 based on cut open filter pics, specs and reviews. I want best filter for the engine/longevity especially with DFM and the AC Delco seems ok but what do others think?

Go for the Amsoil filter

ACDelco UPF-63R, the Ultraguard Gold.  These are built like the good AC Delco regular filters used to be, Non E-Core construction.  They are used in the gen III High Feature 3.6 V6 engines and can be used on the Gen 5 V6/V8 engines. 

ACDelco® UPF63R - Specialty™ Ultraguard Gold Engine Oil Filter

Edited by newdude

3 hours ago, Kclyatt said:

A good number of these filters are made by Champion Labs.  They have their own house brands like Luber Finer and Champ, but also provide to many name brands.  AC Delco, STP, etc. are all Champ Labs filters so I wouldn't be surprised if they do the Super Tech as well.  Champion Laboratories Inc. (champlabs.com)

Edited by newdude

AC Delco UPF63R w/ Amsoil Signature oil.  Just because of RockAuto, I will use whatever higher quality filter and don't obsess too much over it.  This year on the various cars I have used Napa Gold and Bosch also.  I have a stack of Bosch for the 3 Mazdas in the 'fleet'.