200,000 Without a Catch Can ?

I recently Posted about my truck reaching 100,000 miles. It's been flawless, still gets great mileage and runs great. I never installed a catch can and was wondering if any of you guys have gone to 200,000 miles without one and how is your truck performing?

I recently Posted about my truck reaching 100,000 miles. It's been flawless, still gets great mileage and runs great. I never installed a catch can and was wondering if any of you guys have gone to 200,000 miles without one and how is your truck performing?
Have you done any valve cleaning in your 100k?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think there's just to many variables to compare trucks with the same mileage. How the performance of your truck varied over the last 100 is the best indicator of what you could expect in another 100. That being said, do you have any pictures of your intake valves?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

I think there's just to many variables to compare trucks with the same mileage. How the performance of your truck varied over the last 100 is the best indicator of what you could expect in another 100. That being said, do you have any pictures of your intake valves?

No

Not sure how relevant it is but when I first got the truck in 2015 just for fun I took it to the track and it ran 15.4's , I ran it again this past fall and it was running similar times, so it didn't lose any power.

I didn't buy the truck to race and I really don't get on to much, but I have a 69 Chevelle and frequent the track with it "the chevelle" often .

• Like 2

My boss has a 14 Silverado 5.3 with 240K on the clock. Only thing he’s done is a tranny and torque and oil changes. He drives 140 miles per day to and from work with all of it being interstate. His truck is bone stock and is planning to drive it until at least 350K or more he said. He’s averaging 21.5 too on MPG’s he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Am I wrong but before Direct injection , pre 2014, a catch can didn't do anything.
I had a bunch of 5.3's that had big miles no catch can.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Not sure how much they could of helped , the old injection helped keep the back of the valves clean. My son has a 2011 6.2 with 225,000 miles no can and no issues with carbon build up.

18 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

Am I wrong but before Direct injection , pre 2014, a catch can didn't do anything.
I had a bunch of 5.3's that had big miles no catch can.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I've seen the backs of intake valves from carburetor motors coked closed. Not just a DGI problem. Makes it worse but it is not exclusive. Valve coking isn't totally PCV related. Over rich fueling. Valve guides and seals kill them faster. EGR is a contributor. Add an ineffective oil detergent package and you get a Chia Pet growing in  your intake. And yes PCV IF ring seal in ineffective.  

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 1