GM Trucks Beat Ford and Ram

Say what you want about the pandemic or Ford moving to a new generation of their pickups, this is still pretty impressive. Guess people don't hate the new designs as much as this forum suggests.

https://tfltruck.com/2021/01/2020-sales-report-news/

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.25.09 AM.png

Edited by 2020SilveradoCC
  • Like 3

Curious what will happen once the 2021 numbers come in for Ford with their new line-up? I'm thinking their 2020 numbers were down as folks were waiting for the 2021's and the hybrid choices. That being said, I'll never go back to Ford, I love my Silverado too much! Never had a Ram, not sure I can trust them.

40 minutes ago, BossTaco2020 said:

Curious what will happen once the 2021 numbers come in for Ford with their new line-up? I'm thinking their 2020 numbers were down as folks were waiting for the 2021's and the hybrid choices. That being said, I'll never go back to Ford, I love my Silverado too much! Never had a Ram, not sure I can trust them.

I’m betting they jump back into the top spot with the redesign, but man their newly design trucks are expensive! I agree, I can’t trust Ram, either. It’ll be interesting to see the numbers when GM refreshes the interiors. It’ll also be interesting to see the numbers when the new Tundra gets thrown in the mix. 

1)  Old news.  Key word there being COMBINED.  Ford and Ram vs Chevy by itself is not pretty.  Note that Ram has now moved past Chevy into 2nd place.  

2)  So that's why RAM just won Motor Trend's Truck of the Year for an unprecedented 3 years in a row!  :D

3)  So that's why Consumer Reports just put ALL new Silverados/Sierras/Colorados/Canyons in their "Do Not Buy" category due to poor reliability!  :shakehead:

Edited by MaverickZ71

Back to the way it was for many years.

GM outsells Ford.

Ford outsells Ram. 

But yes, Ram is doing a lot better than they used to. 

Competition is a great thing.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

1)  Old news.  Key word there being COMBINED.  Ford and Ram vs Chevy by itself is not pretty.  Note that Ram has now moved past Chevy into 2nd place.  

2)  So that's why RAM just won Motor Trend's Truck of the Year for an unprecedented 3 years in a row!  :D

3)  So that's why Consumer Reports just put ALL new Silverados/Sierras/Colorados/Canyons in their "Do Not Buy" category due to poor reliability!  :shakehead:

The news was released yesterday. Not old.

These are sales numbers, not Consumer Reports opinions or Motor Trend Truck of the Year. I didn’t mention any awards lol. They are simply numbers.

I have no issue with combining GM numbers, since they are all but identical and fall under the same umbrella. If you read the article, it mentions all that. If Ford still built a Lincoln truck, I would fully expect them to combine the numbers. You can't compare just Ford and Chevy on this report because Ford COMBINES their Super Duty pickups in their numbers.

Strong numbers considering COVID and plant shudowns.  Looks like GM gained back some of what Ram took from them the year before.  

Ford is still "technically" the best selling truck as GM does have two split brands to cover the truck market.  

So really, company rankings its:

1st - GM

2nd - Ford

3rd - Ram

As their brands its:

1st - Ford

2nd - Ram

3rd - Chevrolet

4th - GMC

1 hour ago, 2020SilveradoCC said:

These are sales numbers, not Consumer Reports opinions or Motor Trend Truck of the Year. I didn’t mention any awards lol. They are simply numbers.

I have no issue with combining GM numbers, since they are all but identical and fall under the same umbrella. If you ready the article, it mentions all that. If Ford still built a Lincoln truck, I would fully expect them to combine the numbers. You can't compare just Ford and Chevy on this report because Ford COMBINES their Super Duty pickups in their numbers.

I have argued this FOR YEARS. It’s not GMs problem that they can sell 2 name brand trucks, while Ford failed miserably on their Lincoln trucks. 
My family members who are Ford fanatics close their mouths right away when I bring that up. It’s always excuses when it comes to Fords failed attempt at trying to sell Lincoln as a truck. Boy that Lincoln Blackwood was a sweet truck back in 2002 for $50k!!!  ???. NOT!

Something also interesting is Ram still sold the older body style “classic” for 2020 along with newer body style. That’s a huge cash crop for them!  
I know GM did it with their trucks in 2019 but not for 2 years.  I haven’t heard of Ram will continue selling older style for 2021. 

24 minutes ago, TNTSilverado said:

I haven’t heard of Ram will continue selling older style for 2021. 

It's still alive and kicking.  https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/ram-1500-classic-will-live-on-for-2021

There's a reason Dodge sells a lot of new trucks: you don't see many old ones, do you? 

I'd just read something earlier about the sales, and now your post has me wondering who's right, [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Car and Driver has Ram in third with 563,676 and Chevrolet in second with 586,675.

To me, it's not really relevant as a buyer so much as it just promotes a bragging right for die hard fanboys all over. I think the big 3 have pushed one another so much the last few years that we're all benefitting because of it. I almost bought a Ram Limited, but just couldn't pull the trigger and went with Chevy instead.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, 2020SilveradoCC said:

I have no issue with combining GM numbers, since they are all but identical and fall under the same umbrella. If you read the article, it mentions all that. If Ford still built a Lincoln truck, I would fully expect them to combine the numbers. You can't compare just Ford and Chevy on this report because Ford COMBINES their Super Duty pickups in their numbers.

I don’t care if you just pulled the article out of your ass 2 minutes ago. The point is, Ford has been the bestselling truck for 44 years straight. Anything else is old, fake news. 

Consumer reports rankings are based on opinions, not actual testing of the product. This is contrary to everything else they rank.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

I don’t care if you just pulled the article out of your ass 2 minutes ago. The point is, Ford has been the bestselling truck for 44 years straight. Anything else is old, fake news. 

I get it. Hope you got whatever reaction you're looking for. If this isn't sarcasm, go buy yourself a Ford. They are great trucks!