Being flashed even though low beams are on

How many other members here get flashed by other drivers because they think your high beams are on? 

I've driven past other new Silverado's and Sierra's with no issue. In both my truck and Camaro. 

I have been in front of a newer Silverado in stop and go traffic and with his lights on and at certain angles, parts of the light did look like it was the high beam but you could tell it wasn't. 

It's like every time I drive past another vehicle, my hand is on the stalk and waiting to flash the other driver back. I've had people do this to me in the Camaro and my ZX10 but it's like every night I drive the truck I have 2 or 3 people angrily flashing me and the get surprised by my actual brights. 

• Like 1

yeah the trucks headlamps are aimed too high from the factory and the HIDs are too intense for drivers at night. get them re-aimed by your dealer. 

it's very annoying for your fellow drivers! the worse offenders are the guys who do level lifts or lift kits

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 3

It started happening to me around 2011 with the Genesis. I had them adjust the lights. These new headlights when going up a hill appear to be on highs. I noticed it on all vehicles. Usually when the running lights (fog) are on it means there’re on low beams. On two lane roads in any new vehicle I am prepared to flash, your gonna be hit with highs. You think people by now would have figured it out. It the design of the headlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This is a very easy fix, no need to take to your dealer. All you need is a screwdriver and 10 seconds of time to pop the hood and adjust your beams lower. I have to do this when I pull the trailer because the back end goes down and front end goes up - thus headlights point higher than they should.

Google how to do this and what the "proper" height should be, then you can compare to what yours are at. Essentially it's parking X feet away from your garage or a wall on flat land and measuring the height of your beams on said wall.  Then you can make adjustments to a lower height and have both sides even.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a very easy fix, no need to take to your dealer. All you need is a screwdriver and 10 seconds of time to pop the hood and adjust your beams lower. I have to do this when I pull the trailer because the back end goes down and front end goes up - thus headlights point higher than they should.

Google how to do this and what the "proper" height should be, then you can compare to what yours are at. Essentially it's parking X feet away from your garage or a wall on flat land and measuring the height of your beams on said wall.  Then you can make adjustments to a lower height and have both sides even.

Mine took a very long screw driver. The dealer did it during an oil change for free. After I showed the mechanic how. Saving me the cost of a screwdriver I didn’t need. Still get flashed not as often.

Mine are aimed correctly so I have no problem giving someone an X-Ray when they decide to flash me. They should redirect their hostility at the jackasses who put LED or HID bulbs in halogen housings. Now that’s glare.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Done that and still get flashed.

What I wished was in the Silverado was in my 2013 Tundra. A knob to adjust the angle of the light in the truck and that was something on a base model Tundra. You'd think with all this advertisement GM did with the new Silverado about towing features that this would be in the truck. 

I just feel the need to go get a light bar and tie it in with my brights.....

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Mine are aimed correctly so I have no problem giving someone an X-Ray when they decide to flash me. They should redirect their hostility at the jackasses who put LED or HID bulbs in halogen housings. Now that’s glare.

Amen , and there is a reason this guy is called on the reel :) 

Same here, I also return the favor with an X ray .  

Its a badge of honor! lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Amen , and there is a reason this guy is called on the reel :) 

Same here, I also return the favor with an X ray .  

Its a badge of honor! lol 

I have an Imalent MS18 in case the didn't get the message

Damn we have some real tough guy asholes in here hiding behind their brights. Geez, some of you sound like they are doing it to be an dick but they are literally just getting blinded by your lights, if you are stock that isn't on you just the angle. Give them a quick flash so they know and move on, no need to try and whip it out or one of you will come across a guy with a Vision X that will make you put it in the ditch. Straighten up guys...

If those of you are leveled and getting flashed that is on you for being a dick, I can only imagine how painful that much be for those elders with eye issues.

Tyler

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Mine are aimed correctly so I have no problem giving someone an X-Ray when they decide to flash me.

I'm thinking that would be false.

I just read in the local paper about an individual that was hunted down and beaten to death after a "road rage" incident. Not a good idea to just go through life yanking peoples chain. 

• Like 1

I just give a quick flashback. Road rage has been a problem here, especially in Houston. Usually they hit the highs when it’s too late to respond, cowards. Like I said before it’s usually the design of the lights when going uphill. Most people are so on edge anything sets them off. Times we live in.

• Like 1