One Size Larger

I've read all of the fitment threads for 5 years, but I still have a question for someone that might be able to calculate better than myself. I currently run 285/70/18 on 18x9 +1 offset wheels. I only rub back inside of fenderwell at full lock which is no big deal. If I go up a size to 295/70/18 and purchase a new 18x9 with either +18 or +20 offset, will that be enough of an offset change to compensate for the larger tire size? I would like to keep my mudflaps and avoid any trimming. 

2015 2500hd CC 4wd front level

Edited by DMAXNAZ
Add info

Hi DM, First off, what are you trying to accomplish? Lift for greater ground clearance or just wider tires for looks? Is your truck lifted/leveled? Do you want more/less poke. If the 285s rub the 295s will a bit more. By going to 295s on +20 offset  should make it near the same as +1 offset with the 285s. 

Not knowing all the perimeters makes it hard. The link below gives a very accurate dimension for various size wheel and tire combos. This is what I used to fit my truck with new shoes and had no rubbing whatsoever. Good luck.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=285-70-18X9ET1&wheel2=295-70-18X9ET20&fcl=1in&wcl=4in&scl=2in&sr=-0.09375in

6BBA0805-AA81-443C-9308-EBB51799D6FC.jpeg

I'm just leveled. I included that at the bottom of the original post for reference. I want to be able to go one tire size larger without any fender or flap mods. I was hoping that bringing the wheel in 19mm would allow me to bump up one tire size. I can visualize it in my head, but just don't have it down on paper. 

I thought I replied to this a few days back but it never posted. Try the link above the picture. It helped me. Just put in the actual of your truck on left side and then what you propose on right and scroll down to see what the difference is.