3.0 Fuel and Mileage

1 hour ago, sldhead700 said:

Why do people even show their 25 mile distance display.... It's not even close to a real number in reality!
Show me 100 miles or more.
Any one can "coast" the truck for 25-50 miles to have a mpg number that looks good, but isn't real world driving.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Entertainment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sldhead700 said:

Why do people even show their 25 mile distance display.... It's not even close to a real number in reality!
Show me 100 miles or more.
Any one can "coast" the truck for 25-50 miles to have a mpg number that looks good, but isn't real world driving.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Same reason they talk about how much they paid for the truck. You're not gonna get an honest answer with either topic. 

• Like 1

I took a trip from NC to NY in December. I typically drive 5-9 mph over the speed limit. Here is a true tank to tank mileage log. In mixed city driving the instrument panel typically shows 22-25 mpg. My best mileage occurs when I drive 55 mph. Very happy.

fullsizeoutput_1dfa.jpeg

Edited by PBrown1
  • Like 2

I have a new 2021 AT4 with the 3.0 diesel with 1,000 miles on it now.

Took a trip to the mountains and back this past weekend. On the way home down through the pass I got 45mpg on the 25 mile average. Obviously that's just for fun.

The whole 317 mile trip home averaged 25 mpg and an average speed of 64mph, stopped once to pee and didn't shut the truck off. 4 hours and 57 minute trip.

This was with a pretty good wind pushing me maybe 80% of the way too.

TBH I'm a little disappointed in it. I was hoping for an average of 30mpg since it was downhill (mostly) and a tailwind (mostly). I haven't hand calculated any MPG's yet and probably won't. 

The only thing I have added is a bed cover. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still not sure why people are getting bad fuel mileage. I don't beat the truck, but I don't drive like grandma either. This is winter blend fuel and the truck running 5-10 minutes every morning to warm up. This is ONE tank of fuel.

20210304_085623.jpg

On 3/4/2021 at 12:59 PM, mjonesjr84 said:

I'm still not sure why people are getting bad fuel mileage. I don't beat the truck, but I don't drive like grandma either. This is winter blend fuel and the truck running 5-10 minutes every morning to warm up. This is ONE tank of fuel.

20210304_085623.jpg

Is this mainly highway driving?

39 minutes ago, jaslon said:

Is this mainly highway driving?

That tank was probably 85% highway and 15% city.

The Trip 2 picture below (330.9 miles) is my current tank. It is probably 75% highway and 25% city driving. Trip 1 picture (822.1 miles) is my weeks mileage. I reset Trip 1 before I move the truck on Monday to get an idea of how many miles I drive during the week (M-S). Trip 1 is closer to 85% highway and 15% city driving for the week.

I also have let the truck run for 5-8 minutes each morning this week as I do every day during the winter.

20210305_143640.jpg

20210305_143650.jpg

Edited by mjonesjr84

Thanks for the info

52 minutes ago, mjonesjr84 said:

That tank was probably 85% highway and 15% city.

The Trip 2 picture below (330.9 miles) is my current tank. It is probably 75% highway and 25% city driving. Trip 1 picture (822.1 miles) is my weeks mileage. I reset Trip 1 before I move the truck on Monday to get an idea of how many miles I drive during the week (M-S). Trip 1 is closer to 85% highway and 15% city driving for the week.

I also have let the truck run for 5-8 minutes each morning this week as I do every day during the winter.

Thanks for the info. That is very good mileage considering I have a Honda Pilot with a V-6 and I only get 22 to 25 mpg.

What model do you have? LT, RST or LTZ?

3 minutes ago, jaslon said:

Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info. That is very good mileage considering I have a Honda Pilot with a V-6 and I only get 22 to 25 mpg.

What model do you have? LT, RST or LTZ?

This truck gets better than my wife's '20 Equinox with the 2.0T.

It is 2020 RST Crew Cab Short Bed 4wd.

i just came down the mountain in big bear, CA.....tow haul mode so very little braking (amazing how well it works though my 2500s tow/haul was bit more aggressive)

50 MPG in a 5.3l coasting down the hill, lol.......never see that again