Bose upgrades ?

22 minutes ago, Therickyp said:

Replacing just the rear speakers makes a huge difference. 

Rear speakers as in the ones in the rear doors?

Is there a direct fit bolt in that you would recommend? 

9 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Rear speakers as in the ones in the rear doors?

Is there a direct fit bolt in that you would recommend? 

Yes sir. Fade the sound all the way to the rear. You’ll see that the rear speakers sound terrible. 

I bought the Kicker 46CSC654 for the rears from crutchfield. There are a lot of options on their website that are vehicle specific. The speakers also come with the proper connectors. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2021 at 6:33 AM, Therickyp said:

Yes sir. Fade the sound all the way to the rear. You’ll see that the rear speakers sound terrible. 

I bought the Kicker 46CSC654 for the rears from crutchfield. There are a lot of options on their website that are vehicle specific. The speakers also come with the proper connectors. 

I noticed this the other day myself.  ZERO bass and crap mids and highs.  Don't happen to have a before and after do ya?  

Also, I know the older Bose systems (eg my 2001 Caddy Eldo) used weird ratings like 1.5 or 2 ohm.  Is that the case in these trucks?

16 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

I noticed this the other day myself.  ZERO bass and crap mids and highs.  Don't happen to have a before and after do ya?  

Also, I know the older Bose systems (eg my 2001 Caddy Eldo) used weird ratings like 1.5 or 2 ohm.  Is that the case in these trucks?

I don't have a before and after sound clip. The Bose system in these trucks do have a wierd ohm rating from what i have read. 

4 hours ago, BassDaggett said:

I added the JL Audio C1 component 6x9 in the front door and the tweeter in dash.  Added JL Audio C1 6.5" in the rear door.  Added dynamat to doors.  Night and day difference from the muddy Bose speakers. 

I just ordered this exact same setup from crutchfield today for my elevation...like $300....I dont need a stupid auido system... just want a clean sound and dont have to crank volume, i know you can get crazy with these things

good to hear your happy and I dont even have the Bose, did you do it yourself or have it installed? and did you dynamat whole door or just where the speakers are?

Edited by Dunn

5 hours ago, BassDaggett said:

I added the JL Audio C1 component 6x9 in the front door and the tweeter in dash.  Added JL Audio C1 6.5" in the rear door.  Added dynamat to doors.  Night and day difference from the muddy Bose speakers. 

This sounds like a great solution.  Were the JL Audio a direct replacement speaker for the factory Bose?  Did you lose some power assuming you went with a higher ohm speaker?

1 hour ago, GS357 S said:

This sounds like a great solution.  Were the JL Audio a direct replacement speaker for the factory Bose?  Did you lose some power assuming you went with a higher ohm speaker?

Crutchfield is great......they tell you exactly what you can use, you punch in your vehicle specifics and intentons and they spit out all the options you can use.....check them out

JL C1 is direct replacement you can use for factory or with amp.....

https://video.crutchfield.com/v/crutchfield-jl-audio-c1-series-car-speakers/225294977