8 minutes ago, MORSNO said:

Just my opinion from years of GM truck ownership, don't do it.  The factory exhaust will literally last forever, aftermarket exhaust systems like Flowmaster will rust out prematurely and your stuck replacing them over and over and there is no performance gained. 

Makes sense. I had a 2007 Classic with duals and they did rust. 

25 minutes ago, MORSNO said:

Just my opinion from years of GM truck ownership, don't do it.  The factory exhaust will literally last forever, aftermarket exhaust systems like Flowmaster will rust out prematurely and your stuck replacing them over and over and there is no performance gained. 

Funny you say that. I also have a 1999 GMC Sierra SLT (new body style) and when I bought it, glass packs and such were all the rage. Hell, even my 1988 Silverado was straight piped and a gutted converter. Sounded great. People asked when was I going to replace the exhaust and I said I'll wait until the original rusts out and then do it. Well, 22 years later, it still looks good! LOL!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MacLaren said:

Runnin boards will be here tomorrow. 

I then want to put some Flowmaster dual exhaust on her. Has anyone else put a Flowmaster dual exhaust on theirs yet?

spacer.png

I just put a flowmaster in place of the factory muffler and a stainless  tip.  I love it.  Aftermarket will eventually rust at the welds, but it takes years.  To me, it's worth the sound.  I am 51 and have had a muffler or some sort of exhaust on every single vehicle I have owned.  

Edited by Limelight
  • Like 1

I got the chevy (ie Borla) performance exhaust. Used points and they had a 25% discount offer in January. The sound is just right - no drone but a great deep tone under acceleration. And, having had Borla on past vehicles, I’m pleased with the quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Dual exhaust isn't going to let it breath any better unless it's true duals where you have 4 cylinder going into their own pipe out the back. If the dual exhaust is happening after the factory y-pipe with 2 or 3 cats plus the merge, the dual exhaust is purely for sound and looks.

• Thanks 1

You made a good choice.  7,000lbs is a good breaking point for a HD truck and very much so past 28' on travel trailers. 

A 1500 is absolutely fine, especially if you do infrequent short trips.  I started towing with a really old 1500 and once we realized we tow several times a year for really long distances, the HD was a no brainer.

I dont think you will notice much power oomph, and the HD gas still has a 6 speed transmission which may feel like a downgrade if you came from an 8 in the 1500.   While the efficiency is a downgrade, the 6 speed is an upgrade in durability.  

Go ahead and grease all the zerks now if you haven't done so yet!  

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 3:49 PM, greatmizzou said:

You made a good choice.  7,000lbs is a good breaking point for a HD truck and very much so past 28' on travel trailers. 

A 1500 is absolutely fine, especially if you do infrequent short trips.  I started towing with a really old 1500 and once we realized we tow several times a year for really long distances, the HD was a no brainer.

I dont think you will notice much power oomph, and the HD gas still has a 6 speed transmission which may feel like a downgrade if you came from an 8 in the 1500.   While the efficiency is a downgrade, the 6 speed is an upgrade in durability.  

Go ahead and grease all the zerks now if you haven't done so yet!  

Thanx man. I appreciate that.

Yeah, I think it's gonna be a huge difference in towing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy with my black, but the blue was my first choice, just wasn't any around last spring when I was shopping. Did that safety package for the steering controls keep you in the 7" display screen? I don't need a bigger screen but would like the controls if that safety package is compatible with the 2020 7" monitors. Now that winter is out of the way, I'm going to pick up where I left of on a couple mods.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stand By said:

Happy with my black, but the blue was my first choice, just wasn't any around last spring when I was shopping. Did that safety package for the steering controls keep you in the 7" display screen? I don't need a bigger screen but would like the controls if that safety package is compatible with the 2020 7" monitors. Now that winter is out of the way, I'm going to pick up where I left of on a couple mods.

I think it did keep me in the 7" screen, but it's hardly any different from 8" screen on my 2019 5.3

But, the driver info center is just like my 2019 5.3 and, that's nice. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, ShotgunZ71 said:

You'll be fine with the 6.6 gas 2500HD. The stability, braking, etc is what you'll notice the most. For reference, I had a 2500HD with that engine and pulled our 42' 15k 5th wheel very well. The engine revved when it needed to, but nothing unexpected. It never got me in a situation where I felt it couldn't keep up. That's the main thing. 

What the above poster is well said and exactly what I would say about mine.  I had a 19' 1500 AT4 with a 6.2 and a 19' Denali with a Duramax and I like this truck better that both of the others.................No, it isn't a Diesel, but it does a good job for me both pulling my hunting toys and my camper..................Good luck,  RR

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 21 gmc sierra 3500hd regular cab 8ft bed srw 4x4 sle, the difference between 2500 & 3500 is the 3500hd comes with a more heavy duty rear end 12inch vs 11inch on 2500hd and 2 overload springs on 3500hd the rear end on a 2500hd  is only rated for 6600lbs while the 3500hd srw is rated for 7250lbs which gives higher payload capability slightly higher gooseneck capacity,  while conventional towing is the same as 2500hd gas standard tire on 2500hd is 17inch vs 3500hd is 18inch otherwise both are identical 

20210726_035531.jpg