2021 Silverado 2.7 WT

2 hours ago, 1454 said:

Geez guy, way to come off as an old jerk. I guess you nailed the name.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Now you're catching on 😉 

And it looks like your looking to take my job!!

:crackup:

4 hours ago, the wanderer said:

What, you mean like making presumptions about an engine you haven't driven or owned? Funny how find a problem with my post but not your own baseless speculation.

Correct, I find no value in your opinion of the 2.7, you clearly think the 4.3 is the world's greatest engine so I don't know where you can go from there. Only downwards I presume. (Oh sh|t, another presumption, my bad.)

You misunderstand sir. I think the 2.7 a crazy piece of engineering. But I also think that motors this size belong in compact cars or S-10's or Colorado's. Can I hunt a bear with a 22? Sure, but why? As far as the 4.3 being the worlds greatest....yea...been pretty clear on that one. It's just really really good and no not perfect but good enough and with enough following to keep it awhile. This the current 'fleet' motor and every one I know that owns one loves it. Got a guy with a 5th wheel car hauler that thinks its just sick. The LV1 version is bread and butter in Fleet Vans. 

Everyone of you complained like little kids over AFM and that after you all settled down over VVT and thought that was too complicated and now you want to go to war over a motor whose cooling system is NASA grade? Get a grip. 

GM has been on this run of STUPID where nothing last even a product cycle anymore (5 years). Some of the motors that replaced the 3800 in Buicks had a one or two year run. 3900 for instance. Whatever some third world country has a excess of. 

Bet your to young to have heard of International Scout. Brother if you didn't have the metal tag off the part under repair the parts guy would never find the repair or replace pieces. One year they used distributors from five different vendors. Given the current GM climate this already beloved 2.7T is on the scrap heap by 2024/25 as will all of them. You think that motor will survive in a 2500/3500? So exactly what part of this would you be willing to argue to the death over? 🤨

2 hours ago, 1454 said:

Geez guy, way to come off as an old jerk. I guess you nailed the name.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

This is why I told him one day to “get bent”. He offers nothing to the forum accept for belittling people and trying to make himself seem inferior to everyone else. A very sad old man he is!

And “he” constantly is bragging about hyper-milling a 4.3L truck for 30 mpgs is quite comical. I’d love to see numerical data on it, then again, nah, who cares. I have gotten 28 mpgs going 55 mph in my 2018 Sierra, but I’d rather get to where I need to go at the normal speed limit. I can afford the gas!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sqrls said:

A 4x2 regular cab WT with a 3.0 diesel would be pretty fun and get pretty good gas mileage I’d wager.

I’ll see your bet and raise you a 6.2 in that same WT, preferably with a 6.5’ bed. Then offer it with the LT4 as a $5k upgrade. 

• Like 2

This is why I told him one day to “get bent”. He offers nothing to the forum accept for belittling people and trying to make himself seem inferior to everyone else. A very sad old man he is!
And “he” constantly is bragging about hyper-milling a 4.3L truck for 30 mpgs is quite comical. I’d love to see numerical data on it, then again, nah, who cares. I have gotten 28 mpgs going 55 mph in my 2018 Sierra, but I’d rather get to where I need to go at the normal speed limit. I can afford the gas!!

Yep he loves to go around pretending that 4.3L is the savior of mpg and capable of anything this “NASA grade” engine is, when he changes the oil weights to specs that makes the engine unusable at max capacity, hypermiles his speed, and does other modifications in his thread to get that number. It’d be fine if he at least but a * disclaimer around his numbers and otherwise just quoted the fuel numbers that he got in his first month of ownership.

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Yeah. Not happening guys. This ain’t Ford where you can get their top engine choice In a basic XL model. Just don’t get the games GM plays. 

I’m considering picking up a 2021 F150 2 door V8 just to mod it out and have fun. 

• Like 3

I try to be nice, but he just seemed to berate the person unnecessarily just because they got a 2.7. He seems to have some good information in his thread, but there is no reason to go around beating on people in a forum because they disagree with you. Imo.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:33 PM, TNTSilverado said:

The entire 135K life of the truck in numbers. Summer 2019 30 mpg every tank for six months.

Live time average nearing 28 mpg. Just a few tenths short.

I don't berate people. But I have no use for stupid.

The one thing Duct-tape won't fix. 

As far as getting where your going. Life time average 42 mph miles/hrs.

It ain't bragging if it's true. 

And what have you to back up your mouth??

You have plenty to say about me being this way or that and yet

it's just fine for you to be an a$$

Well ain't you all that. 

Hypocrites

:wtf:

image.thumb.png.5a05243b5a557f37f9866f67357172e1.png

Edited by Grumpy Bear

The entire 135K life of the truck in numbers. Summer 2019 30 mpg every tank for six months.

Live time average nearing 28 mpg. Just a few tenths short.

I don't berate people. But I have no use for stupid.

The one thing Duct-tape won't fix. 

As far as getting where your going. Life time average 42 mph miles/hrs.

And what have you to back up your mouth??

image.thumb.png.5a05243b5a557f37f9866f67357172e1.png

Nope, you proved duct tape won’t fix that. That’s why you posted evidence backing up what they said regarding hypermiling.

“Old men are wise. Wise old men know when their wisdom has become irrelevant.”

“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” -Henry Ford

On 3/27/2021 at 8:31 AM, the wanderer said:

However you're probably still missing key points, such as that 5.3 "brother" is also getting dropped (both the 4.3 and the 5.3 with AFM). Think it's obvious, emissions and/or mpg aren't there for these engines. They upgraded the 5.3 with DFM but the 2.7 destroys the 4.3 so why bother upgrading it? They can also use the 2.7 in more cars/trucks, so it's a better fit in the lineup.

http://www.engineprofessional.com/articles/EPQ415_12-20.pdf

Educate yourself. Ignorance in one thing. Willful ignorance is quite another and when you attack in willful ignorance and call me the the bad guy....yea....whole different game. Stupid. So yea... I'll get sideways and call it what it is. Put on the big boy pants. Next! 

The guy was just sharing how he was happy with his truck and his 2.7. Leave it to one person to trash talk his engine and start a shitstorm when he didn’t ask for the opinion in the first place. Again. We’ll never have to wonder why new people don’t stick around here.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2021 at 3:50 AM, Art Gregory said:

Just picked up my new 2021 regular cab 4x2  2.7  WT Just 4520  pounds  its a blast !

Congratulations on your new truck!

How about some pictures?

• Like 1

One of the biggest mileage killers is drag. Since retirement I’ve used 5 vehicles in 6 years. Just talking HWY mileage at 72-74 MPH. The average MPG are. 14 GMC 22, 15 Hyundai Santa Fe V-6 27, 17 Toyota Camry 2.4 27, 15 CRV 27 MPG. 11 Genesis sedan V-6 27 MPG. I can’t imagine at HWY speed the engine in these trucks are that much different. The wind drag doesn’t change. I did notice big mileage changes at lower speeds. Obvious I know. Cylinder deactivation at HWY speeds didn’t seem to make any difference through many cross country trips. I believe in controlled testing it bought GM some gains. At the expense to the consumer when (if) they fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk