Problems with my 2019 Sierra from the start.

This truck has literally been the biggest pile of sh*t I have ever owned. It’s not even two years old and my lifters have gone out at 5,000 miles, rear window leaked, cv boot had a hole in it, my radio deletes my contacts almost every time I connect my phone to it, my ac just went out last week, brakes have squeaked since day one (even though GM says that’s normal). I’m probably missing something as well. My truck only has 20k miles on it. I don’t understand how GM can stand behind this truck and tell me with a straight face this is ok. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

There are Laws in place to protect consumers from a BAD Produced Products. These laws very by state. Check with your state laws on New Car Lemon Law if you are not satisfied with G M response to the issues. Most lawyers of this type do not charge you up front and are paid  at time of settlement at no Cost to you.  

With the above said . Have you contacted GM Directly and asked the about a buy back. If you have that many issues they may be willing to work something out with you to get you into another truck . Being nice but firm helps best . 

GOOD Luck. 

I had similar issues with my '17.   I had to document services and then contacted GM direct.   The dealer was of no help.  Took about 2 months dealing with GM but they bought the truck back.   (put me in a new '18 for what I owed on the '17.).  

Take it to another dealership. Call GM directly everyday. Get a case number. I went through this with my 2016  Sierra. 4 months later GM bought it back and got into 17. 

I had a 19 denali, some of the same issues as you, lots of other ones, lemon laws were not applicable because the issues were random and different, just lots of problems. I traded it in for close to what we paid and am driving a car right now. I'm waiting to see how the new tundra turns out, if I don't like that I will check back and see if they fix all these problems. GM was not really helpful, but thankfully truck values are very high right now so you csn probably sell it without much of a loss.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Where shall I start?

Never by the first year of a new generation vehicle. They typically have the most problems. Everything you mentioned, except the brakes, should be covered under warranty. That's what they're for -- to protect you.

It is normal for brakes to squeak. GM is correct here. It is metal on metal contact. AC Delco is by no means a high quality product. If you want to eliminate the squeaks you need to go get something better, such as Wagner Thermoquiet brake pads. Wagner designs those brakes with chamfers to eliminate squeaking, and they're far cheaper than Wilwood, Baer, etc. There are other brands that do the same thing. I'm just using Wagner as an example.

Before I am accused of being a GM nutswinger, understand I'm not defending GM. My comments are applicable to all makes and models in the US. I also use to be ASE certified in auto parts. I let that certification expire many years ago since I'm not in the auto parts industry anymore. With that said, no matter crappy a product somebody ends up producing, I'll never believe the people that made it were out to make a substandard product. Everybody wants to take pride in what they create. Everybody, except the Chinese. They just want our money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My opinion - these trucks are far from the best that GM has ever produced. However, in my experience, I have found that dealerships play a key role in things like this. I have had many problems with local dealerships and now take my truck 30 min out of the way to one that truly fixes the issue and treats me like a human being.

On 4/2/2021 at 12:37 AM, billystrong8 said:

This truck has literally been the biggest pile of sh*t I have ever owned. It’s not even two years old and my lifters have gone out at 5,000 miles, rear window leaked, cv boot had a hole in it, my radio deletes my contacts almost every time I connect my phone to it, my ac just went out last week, brakes have squeaked since day one (even though GM says that’s normal). I’m probably missing something as well. My truck only has 20k miles on it. I don’t understand how GM can stand behind this truck and tell me with a straight face this is ok. Has anyone else experienced these issues?

So trade it, already.  Seriously - if you haven't looked into that, you should.  Get a newer truck that doesn't have the 1st year bugs.  Pretty much everything you listed has been mentioned it this forum.  That's what I did - tired of my window leakin/ crappy shiftin/ radio glitchin' 1st year Silverado. Cost me 3k in trade difference, ended up with 0.0 interest, my payments went down and I ended up with a 6.2 10 speed from a 5.3 8 speed, 22's instead of 20's, and a handful of other updates.

Life's too short to be pissed off about a truck.

I'm with you.  My 1993 1500 stepside 4.3l was a rock.  243,000 miles and never had a problem.  Towed everything with that truck.  Crossed the US twice towing a car.

My 2019 is currently in litigation for buy back due to the rear window/spoiler leak that has been repaired 4 times and is worse than ever.  First leak was 2 weeks after I bought it in March 2019.  

Other issues that have been reported or 'we don't have a fix for that now':

Radio presets stay on the first 5 presets.  This is a weird one where you change preset channels and the screen jumps back to the first 5 presets - no fix

Climate control on screen shows climate off when it's actually on - no fix

USB chargers on dash are crap.  Sometimes they work, sometimes not.  Both B and C points on both Android and Iphones only work sometimes. - replaced, still does it

Tailgate won't open 50% of the time.  No tonneau cover either.  One day i pressed the tailgate button at least 50 times and it finally opened.  Dealer said "could not replicate"

Transmission is all over the place.

Shakes like crazy when I tow my 4000lb boat.  Wife's Grand Cherokee tows the boat fine.  Dealer said it's the trailer.

As I research other trucks, Dodge's are leaking and their instrument clusters are a cluster F right now.  Fords leak and have all kinds of infotainment issues too in the new 21s.  All this technology integration is fine as long as you test test test.  I work in aerospace manufacturing so we test components a lot.

I've gone so far as to start looking for old 87s that have been restored.  No electronics.  All mechanical linkages.  The good ones are pricey though.