2021 Silverado DFM/AFM

20 hours ago, PClancey said:

How can I tell if my Silverado Trail Boss has the DFM/AFM chip/module installed and functioning?

Did you buy the truck new?  The window sticker will say if the DFM is there, or if you were one of the ones that bought a truck with the DFM Delete there will be a credit listed in the build options..  If you bought it used, you can tell by the RPO Codes which engine you have, and that will also call out DFM or not. 

As far as functioning, some people can hear it, or you would need an OBD reader that could display that info.  Unlike the older AFM Trucks, there is no dash readout that shows engine status.

Edited by bwoodsmn
Clarity

Sorry to be a dumbass, but where do I find my RPO Codes?  I am looking the window sticker and I don't find any mention or credit listed.

(Bought it new BTW.)

Edited by PClancey

Thanks Josef!  Very helpful.

I have a 10-speed tranny, so it looks like I have DFM.  (not sure if that is a blessing or a curse at this point)

Edited by PClancey

1 hour ago, PClancey said:

Thanks Josef!  Very helpful.

I have a 10-speed tranny, so it looks like I have DFM.  (not sure if that is a blessing or a curse at this point)

Top right hand corner on my sticker it states engine

20210606_104601.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PClancey said:

Sorry to be a dumbass, but where do I find my RPO Codes?  I am looking the window sticker and I don't find any mention or credit listed.

(Bought it new BTW.)

They're on a sticker affixed to the inside of the glove box. (YK9) is the RPO for trucks not equipped with DFM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricTheRed said:

Can the dealership do a DFM delete for those of us who don’t want the added noises and shuttering of this “seamless” system? 

No.

If you want it gone, you have to do it yourself (or pay an indy shop) and void the GM warranty. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...