2021 Sierra 1500 Light Bar Behind Grille

Hey all,

So as the title states I'm trying to find and install a light bar behind the grille on my 21 Sierra. I was curious if anyone has done this before and has any pointers or tips to point me in the right direction. Ideally a solid light bar 30 - 40 inches is optimal, however fairly bright 6 inch light bars that would fit on either side of the GMC logo would work as well. 

Not sure what a good lumen rating would be for a light bar, but it should be sufficient to illuminate a highway at night as there are no streetlights or towns for 400 km roughly and seeing wildlife early is essential.

I appreciate any assistance in advance anyone can provide.

5 hours ago, SuperSierra21 said:

Hey all,

So as the title states I'm trying to find and install a light bar behind the grille on my 21 Sierra. I was curious if anyone has done this before and has any pointers or tips to point me in the right direction. Ideally a solid light bar 30 - 40 inches is optimal, however fairly bright 6 inch light bars that would fit on either side of the GMC logo would work as well. 

Not sure what a good lumen rating would be for a light bar, but it should be sufficient to illuminate a highway at night as there are no streetlights or towns for 400 km roughly and seeing wildlife early is essential.

Do you have fogs? Do you have the mirror work lights? It's unreal what turning them on and off with the headlight brights do. The mirror lights seem like a joke for what they are designed for, but they make great road ditch lights for wildlife spotting.

54 minutes ago, gemarsh said:

Do you have fogs? Do you have the mirror work lights? It's unreal what turning them on and off with the headlight brights do. The mirror lights seem like a joke for what they are designed for, but they make great road ditch lights for wildlife spotting.

Had no idea you could turn them on while driving ! I’ll try

6 hours ago, SuperSierra21 said:

Hey all,

Dying to see if anyone has found a decent aolution to that problem

3 hours ago, Elkwackeroo said:

Had no idea you could turn them on while driving ! I’ll try

From factory, you can't. I was asking if you had these, as there is a harness available to have the mirror lights to come on with the brights.

And a jumper to allow all 6 lights to come on with brights. Dim, brights and fogs.

https://boostautoparts.com/products/high-spot

https://boostautoparts.com/products/6hi?variant=null

On 7/23/2021 at 3:40 PM, gemarsh said:

Have you had any issues with the jumper from Boost Auto Parts?  I purchased one and have been hesitant to install.  Just not sure but i love the option of fogs and bright lights at same time.  

20 hours ago, LamboTexas said:

Have you had any issues with the jumper from Boost Auto Parts?  I purchased one and have been hesitant to install.  Just not sure but i love the option of fogs and bright lights at same time.  

Not at all. 99% of the time I use auto bright. Unless I'm driving off road under 13 mph, then I manually turn the brights on.

ETA... The best thing, is having the brights and dims on at the same time.

Edited by gemarsh
  • Like 1