Transmission Fluid

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

How often have you been changing it? 

About every 30k. Pull about 3 to 3.5 quarts through the dipstick with a hand pump. Will do this 3 times with some driving in between each pull. Dropped the pan and changed the filter around 130k.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, gone_fishing said:

About every 30k. Pull about 3 to 3.5 quarts through the dipstick with a hand pump. Will do this 3 times with some driving in between each pull. Dropped the pan and changed the filter around 130k.

Awesome! 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 10:23 AM, Black02Silverado said:

Switched our 2016 Suburban's transmission over to AMSOIL ATL fluid at 10k miles from new. 

What is your drain interval using Amsoil Signature Series ATF?  Tempted to switch as I've gone to the OE line of 0w20 for engine oil with the Preferred Customer program.  

• Like 1

What is your drain interval using Amsoil Signature Series ATF?  Tempted to switch as I've gone to the OE line of 0w20 for engine oil with the Preferred Customer program.  

I change it out about every 70k miles. I did go 100k on my 2002 Silverado and sent a sample off and it came back good. But try to change out at 70 since I tow often.

• Like 1