Yikes, paint peeling off my 2020 trail boss nerf bar already

Not yet.  I've had mine on since the first week of Aug 2020.  Iirc, they're made of aluminum.  I'm not a metalurgist, but I believe think that's mean it won't rust.  If that's true, I'd just touch it up with paint.

13 hours ago, Transient said:

Not yet.  I've had mine on since the first week of Aug 2020.  Iirc, they're made of aluminum.  I'm not a metalurgist, but I believe think that's mean it won't rust.  If that's true, I'd just touch it up with paint.

Rust is the iron in steel oxidizing. Aluminum oxidizes too, but unlike steel/iron, it’s oxide is (most of the time) a protective layer rather than one that will ultimately destroy the material.

To the OPs issue. That looks like the front of the bar. Right behind the front tire is a pretty tough spot for anything to survive with everything being thrown up from the road. You could try to get the dealer to do something under warranty but I’m not sure how that will go. 

Edited by Dirk13
Sounded harsh

Normal.  LOL.  In all seriousness, not the first set I've seen, won't be the last.    

If you bought them and installed yourself, 1 year part warranty from GM.  If they were factory or dealer installed at the time of buying the truck, covered under bumper to bumper 3/36 warranty.  

Edited by newdude