Build times

15 minutes ago, Brummie99 said:

My timeline so far:

Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW ordered 9/9/2021.

11/22/21 - 1100 (preliminary order accepted)

12/8/21 - 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
1/28/22 - 3300   ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION - TPW: 2/7/22

2/14/22 - 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)

2/24/22 - 3800 Vehicle produced

2/25/22 - 4300 Intermediate delivery

As of today, it's still in Flint being "inspected". Dealer told me on 2/25 to expect it in about a month.

So looks like almost 2 months to make it from 3000 to 3300.   Wonder what they're "inspecting"?

15 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

My timeline so far:

2/14/22 - 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)

As of today, it's still in Flint being "inspected". Dealer told me on 2/25 to expect it in about a month.

Where do you get these codes?  Your dealer?  Or can you find the status your self?  My truck has been at 4300 since last November :(

17 minutes ago, Cheekster96 said:

Where do you get these codes?  Your dealer?  Or can you find the status your self?  My truck has been at 4300 since last November :(

I got the codes from the online chat at Chevrolet. The automated response always gives a generic response but if you speak to a live agent, they will give you the current status code. The latest 4300 code was direct from the dealer. I have a suspicion it's waiting on parts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Camario said:

You got lucky? I ordered a 2500 Custom, gas in September. With hardly any options. Still nothing. All I have is a VIN saying its built. It has been slotted as "Missing Parts". That was in January.

I think you are right.  "luck", good fortune, blessed, however one wants to say it, definitely played a part.  I also think the dealer and i working together created part of that "luck".  This is a high volume dealer who has seen their fair share of truck orders stuck in shipping.  Through this "self education", the Sales Manager had a good feeling of what would and wouldn't get built, and shipped.  We didn't force anything, and held off when specific options that were deal breakers (like the 5th wheel package) went on restriction.  That patience (IMO) created the possibility for luck. 

On a side note, I had planned to cancel the order immediately if it went in to a hold for any reason.  Based on what I'm hearing from forums and dealers, that is a complete waste land.  Sincerely empathize for people who aren't in the position to be able to cancel those orders, and wish all the best resolution possible. 

I ordered a 22 Silverado LT crew cab 6.6l gas on 10/18/2021 and it got placed with gm first of November and it came in on 3/1/2022 so almost 5 month on mine. Took longer than expected but got everything on the truck i wanted now it is a waiting game on the chip to be available so my heated seats and steering wheel and parking sensors work. But one thing to note that I thought was weird was i optioned it with the factory aux switches and they install the 5 button switch during the build but I have to pay to get it hooked up, all the parts to make them work was underneath  the rear seat in the storage. Just thought that was weird that they do not do the whole install on them from the factory.

10 hours ago, whitesilvy256 said:

I ordered a 22 Silverado LT crew cab 6.6l gas on 10/18/2021 and it got placed with gm first of November and it came in on 3/1/2022 so almost 5 month on mine. Took longer than expected but got everything on the truck i wanted now it is a waiting game on the chip to be available so my heated seats and steering wheel and parking sensors work. But one thing to note that I thought was weird was i optioned it with the factory aux switches and they install the 5 button switch during the build but I have to pay to get it hooked up, all the parts to make them work was underneath  the rear seat in the storage. Just thought that was weird that they do not do the whole install on them from the factory.

Congrats on getting your new truck!

Did you get the Snow Plow Option?

I read something regarding the Upfitter Switches.  If I remember correctly, if the options included the snow plow prep, the switch stack was installed, because the 5th Aux switch is designed to be used for the beacon light on the roof.  I'm not sure if there are other options that would relate to a roof mounted light, or if there are other options that would affect it. 

I have the Snow Plow/Camper package option, and my switches were installed as well.  Still have to install the rest of the kit.  I agree with you that it would have been better installed during the build.

On 3/8/2022 at 7:12 PM, Brummie99 said:

My timeline so far:

The current status code is 4200 - Order shipped.

Not sure if that is better or not...

All the dealer can tell me is it's still in Flint.

• 6 months later...

Finally ran out of patience. Found a 2020 truck almost identical to the one on order. Same color, same trim but with some extras that mine doesn't have, including working heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. Also, has parking sensors, blind spot monitors etc.

Picked it up on Saturday.

Now, to try and get my deposit back.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I placed an order and deposit in June. I called yesterday and was told the dealership got the allocation two weeks ago. The sales manager said it *should* be ready in November. Hopefully no holds on the content to delay this even more.

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2022 at 4:38 PM, Brummie99 said:

Finally ran out of patience. Found a 2020 truck almost identical to the one on order. Same color, same trim but with some extras that mine doesn't have, including working heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel and heated rear seats. Also, has parking sensors, blind spot monitors etc.

Picked it up on Saturday.

Now, to try and get my deposit back.

On 9/28/2022 at 7:56 AM, Brummie99 said:

The dealer refunded my deposit. 👍

So the original truck, ordered last September and built in February, finally showed up at the dealership.

3 hours ago, Pryme said:

And? Did you go see it or have any regrets not waiting?

I did a drive-by and saw it on their lot. Checking their website today, looks like it's already sold.

Although the one I have is 2 years older, it is better equipped.

Over the one I ordered, it has navigation, alloys, blind spot warning, running boards, heated rear seats, not to mention heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel that actually work. The only regret is that this one doesn't have wireless carplay.

I don't think I've seen or heard of anyone that has actually got their "later retrofit" yet.

• Like 1